A3 2013 SD Card

Le26

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve just bought a 2013 A3 S Line with sat nav. The SD card that came with it is 2013 so well out of date. Audi have quoted £199 inc VAT for the 2022 SD card and then £102 inc VAT to activate it. Is there a way I can update the card I have myself or is the only way to pay Audi?
The software version is MSTD_EU_AU_P2440 and the navigation database version is 8V0919866A 0021 ECE 2013 if that helps.

Try registering for my.Audi.com. On that service you can download and self update to I believe the last (Not current) map. I just downloaded 20/21. For uk and Ireland . It may be because of the year of my car and mmi version. But it’s got to be worth a try isn’t it?

Hi, I’ve just bought a 2013 A3 S Line with sat nav. The SD card that came with it is 2013 so well out of date. Audi have quoted £199 inc VAT for the 2022 SD card and then £102 inc VAT to activate it. Is there a way I can update the card I have myself or is the only way to pay Audi?
The software version is MSTD_EU_AU_P2440 and the navigation database version is 8V0919866A 0021 ECE 2013 if that helps.
300 quid sounds about right for prices from the stealers... This is why I've not updated my 14 plate since I owned it. If you have HD Nav, there are ways if updating these outside of main dealers.
Just use waze or Google and save your wonga.
Oh and don't be tempted to buy maps off ebay or suchlike, they just won't work as the sd cards are paired to the car and VW databases.

300 quid sounds about right for prices from the stealers... This is why I've not updated my 14 plate since I owned it. If you have HD Nav, there are ways if updating these outside of main dealers.
Just use waze or Google and save your wonga.
Oh and don't be tempted to buy maps off ebay or suchlike, they just won't work as the sd cards are paired to the car and VW databases.
Thank you, may sound silly but how will I know if I have HD Nav?

Try registering for my.Audi.com. On that service you can download and self update to I believe the last (Not current) map. I just downloaded 20/21. For uk and Ireland . It may be because of the year of my car and mmi version. But it’s got to be worth a try isn’t it?
I’ll give that a try, thank you

Thank you, may sound silly but how will I know if I have HD Nav?
Not sure on an A3... Generally if you have the "Tech" pack, you get the better Nav etc. On the Q3, if you have the higher spec, there is a sim card slot in between 2 sd card slots on the dash. The HD Nav runs without the need for for SD card... If you can register the My audi app with your local dealer, it should show your car spec.