A3 2011 short shifter fit.

chrisn900

Reaction score
I recently bought an A3 sportback S line black edition 2.0 diesel,2011 registration, 6 speed.
I've seen short shifter devices on e bay, and was wondering if these are ok to fit to the car........are they an easy fit, or should i not bother ????
Thanks for any advice and opinions :)

I recently bought an A3 sportback S line black edition 2.0 diesel,2011 registration, 6 speed.
I've seen short shifter devices on e bay, and was wondering if these are ok to fit to the car........are they an easy fit, or should i not bother ????
Thanks for any advice and opinions :)

Hi

What's made you want this out of curiosity ?

no real reason......just the pointless fun appeal of a shorter gearstick movement......why do people want to boost their cars above standard BHP etc..............

no real reason......just the pointless fun appeal of a shorter gearstick movement......why do people want to boost their cars above standard BHP etc..............

Yea was just wondering that's all, I thought that kind of stuff was to save precious milliseconds on a track n stuff like that but was just curious that's all...

Go for more power instead I think would be better...

You'd get use to that short shifter and probably bored of it quickly... You'll benefit from more bhp, your not benefitting from a short shifter and it's not something that will make your car look better, but I think a decent remap would be better if you've not already had it done that is...you'll get a big improvement and the drive will be more effortless .

Last edited:
I changed to a forge adjustable short shift kit both ways on a previous car.

Changed all tthe bushes to draft 42 and shifting was a lot more direct.

I was really happy with it felt a lot more mechanical and being adjustable you can change it to what suites you.

alot of peeps say the £60 spent on a short shifter is one of the best mods for little money with massive difference.

alot of peeps say the £60 spent on a short shifter is one of the best mods for little money with massive difference.

Would never of thought that but I guess you live and learn :)

Didn't think they was that cheap..happy days

A lot less than a remap lol

Last edited:
Just had a diesel geek one myself the adjustment is fiddley to get right, however the front to back oe throw wound me up so much I had to get a short shift as it was annoying me no end....

Would never of thought that but I guess you live and learn :)

Didn't think they was that cheap..happy days

A lot less than a remap lol

yeah theres a knock off in replacement of the forge one i think, its on ebay lol. Try a search for it :p

Reactions: Ron burgundy