A3 2.0TDI DSG Remap?

MoAudi1.8T

Reaction score
hi there guys, my friend has a 2004 audi a3 2.0 tdi dsg as mentioned in the thread title and he is contemplating on getting it remapped but after hearing stories of it putting extra pressure on the cluth (manual gearboxes that is due to the increase in torque) will this be the same case for the dsg?

so basically what were asking is, will the dsg gearbox become troublesome after a remap?

thanks guys :)

The question has been asked and answered on here a number of times....

There are many people on here with DSG remaps who say that they have encountered no issues, but equally, it is putting more torque through the gearbox so there is a possibility that it may have an impact on future reliability.

There's also a suggestion that the DSG software limits the amount of torque applied through the gearbox which will aid reliability but will mean that some of the remap gains will get "lost" when applied to a DSG car.

In summary, if you get a simple "stage 1" remap and you don't drive the car like a looney (trying to show off with traffic light starts, dumping max torque through the box from standing starts....), but simply use the extra power as part of "normal driving" than you'll probably be OK....

Do it, i have had my A3 DSG remapped to 190.1bhp (so the print out says) and not had a problem with the DSG box, paddle shift makes it fun too. What i will say is, expect to replace the turbo soonish as the turbo on the 2.0L TDI (BKD engine) isn't famous for it's bullet proof reliability after a remap or before it for that matter.

:thumbsup:

My 2.0TDI with DSG was mapped at 30,000 miles just over two years ago. Since then it has covered another 40,000 miles with no problem and following further modifcations during the two years I have just had a custom map installed. The custom mapper said the turbo was in very good condition.

As has been said already do not drive it like a looney (all the time), just enjoy wafting along on a massive wave of torque.

I second that comment Aiden. The remap changes the car from being good to excellent. I had my car remapped by Superchips 18 months ago and everything was fine until today, where the Turbo went Pop!
I had the car towed to an independant garage and it turns out not only had the turbo gone but its disintegrated. Ah well, £600 should sort it out :crying:

AmD Essex!
Had my 2.0 PD170 done there. Loving the Torque!!