A3 2.0TDI 2011 leaking coolant

Kateheneghan

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice. I have a Audi A3 2.0TDI 2011 and a week ago the coolant light came came on on my car. After checking I needed to top my car up. Since then it seems to need topping up with a litre or so of coolant every 8-10 miles. The car itself has done 71,700 miles and I have to admit I haven’t had a new belt or water pump fitted....that was getting booked in early next month to be done. It doesn’t seem to be leaking when the car is at a standstill, if it is it’s very minimal, and only when it’s moving. My father in law has had a quick look under the bonnet and can’t see anything obvious but he says it seems to be leaking from the underneath towards the back of the engine but he couldn’t be too sure. Has anyone else had any similar experiences? I am still driving my car (be it as little as possible but I have no other means to get to work – only a 16 mile round trip) and keeping and eye on the temperature gauge, It isn’t heating up any quicker than usual and isn’t getting any hotter than usual. I am just having to top my car up every morning with about 2 litres of water before I set off for work.

Get it checked out ASAP, if the water pump is leaking it could fail causing serious damage to the engine, as it’s operated by the cam belt!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do people post problems then never answer replies???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk