A nice simple but quite effective mod! :)

Point_Audi

Vorsprung durch Technik
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I am aware that changing the washer jets on Audi's to the fan washers is quite a popular mod. I therefore placed an order for two of the non heated fan washers for my A4 and got them from Shop4Volkswagen - Genuine Volkswagen parts and accessories I must firstly say their customer service was excellent the delivery was very prompt! :icon_thumright: I decided to stick these in today on my break from studying for exams! :) .. I haven't been out driving with them yet but they seem to cover more of the window than the previous jets.

Some pictures:

JETS:
DSC_1609.jpg

JETS VIDEO:

FAN:
DSC_1616.jpg

DSC_1615.jpg

FAN VIDEO:

B
ack to the books now! :readit:

Nice one! I did mine a couple of years ago, the fan ones are much better.

Did it take hours to get them pointing to the right parts of the screen?

quattrojames - Cool, I would say they are, as the jet ones aren't the best now!lol ..

sinic - To be honest they were much easier to get aligned that the jet ones, you just need a small torque screwdriver and there is a torque screw you turn and it raises and lowers the spray pattern took me around 7 minutes to get mine the way I wanted them! :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
They're much easier to adjust than the jet ones! And I've not moved mine since the day I set them. They're done by an allen key moving the mechanism up and down.

Does anyone ever actually do this?? lol

NewPicture5.jpg

Lol, can't say I went to that much detail in aligning the jet ones James!:p

Can't find them on that site, are they genuine Audi or VW jets? How much are they ? and is there heated available?

Can't find them on that site, are they genuine Audi or VW jets? How much are they ? and is there heated available?

They are genuine VW from a Passat mate, according to this guide http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...ater-pistol-vw-passat-fan-jet-conversion.html that's the part number for the heated ones.

The part number I used for the non heated ones was: 5M0 955 985 C 9B9

Volkswagen Parts - 5M0955985C9B9

The non heated fan washers are obviously cheaper than the heated ones! But you will need to check first if your A4 has the heated or non heated washers first, you can do this by simply removing your current jets and checking (this is also explained in the guide above).

Hope this helps!

Like the look of this mod, quick and effective, cheers for the idea point_audi :thumbsup:

Reactions: flearmonth
No problem Pabs! :icon_thumright: ... James I can now confirm they are a great job, been using them plenty travelling to and from University this week with Exams! Very happy indeed! :)

I'm adding this to the list but heated as mine have wires going into them.

Thanks

No problem at all Sinic, its a mod you will be glad you did! :icon_thumright:

I have a set of non heated ones sat in my garage, I fitted them a while ago and used a hot glue gun to stick then into place and after a short drive, they fell off.

How did you stick yours down and what adhesive did you use?

I was considering using Milliput.

cool. how much is the kit, and where did you get them?
i like this , mine are a little bit useless ,
p.s. has anyone ever had a sort of ranced/stagnet smell from there washers, mine do make wiff every now and then, i have cleaned everything out, and put new water in , i have also un-blocked the jets, but every now and then,, phewwwwwww!!!!

I have a set of non heated ones sat in my garage, I fitted them a while ago and used a hot glue gun to stick then into place and after a short drive, they fell off.

How did you stick yours down and what adhesive did you use?

I was considering using Milliput.

I just used a small bit of super glue and held them in place for a few minutes! Haven't had any issues with them! :icon_thumright:

saxonblue - I got them from a VW dealership in England, post "8" in this thread I provided some links to the dealership I used! :) I agree the standard ones aren't the best, the fan washers are 10* better!:icon_thumright: .. As for the smell I can't say I have ever had the issue, I mainly just get the smell from the washer fluid!lol

I used black silicone sealant 2 years ago and they're still there now. As for the smell, put some antibacterial solution in your washer bottle, I used 500ml of bleach/smell-free dettol and the smell went away. Never came back.

Just been into York VW and they wanted £13.50 each for the heated, I like the idea of the fan over jets but best part of £30 through main stealer for some plastic....

The search continues. (gonna look on point_audi's link now)

Thats about what they cost, £27 a pair is pretty competitive I think.

I used black silicone sealant 2 years ago and they're still there now. As for the smell, put some antibacterial solution in your washer bottle, I used 500ml of bleach/smell-free dettol and the smell went away. Never came back.

doooow... i never gave that a thought?????? so easy i over looked it :salute:

Ah hello there N8, what you doing in here Sportback A3 driver? Been a long time no speak, I've just been in touch with Sarah (Sarah's A3) about my old 8P1.

Part number for heated is: 5M0 955 985 C 9B9 as far as I know.

P.S. Did you ever paint the Helios???

Reactions: IANF67
Ah hello there N8, what you doing in here Sportback A3 driver? Been a long time no speak, I've just been in touch with Sarah (Sarah's A3) about my old 8P1.

Part number for heated is: 5M0 955 985 C 9B9 as far as I know.

P.S. Did you ever paint the Helios???

Not sure if I remember you Ant :laugh:

I sold the Helios years ago, but thankyou very much for the part no. you are a star, the part no. is for my friend with a B6 :wub: