New Audi Owner

spottedhaggis

Reaction score
Well, as of Wed anyway. Have a Renault "crappy" Laguna II 1.9DCI right now, its a royal pain in the bum,. sure it always starts, never broke down in it, but have to get new track rod ends every year without fail, needed a new alloy because of a pot hole, and heaps of other similarly stupid issues.

Just been out spent 6k on an Audi A6 2.5 TDI Sport, 03 model, dark blue.

Looking forward to it.

1st question.

This one comes with a tape deck....TAPE DECK! I dont own any tapes any more, how easy is it to simply swap it out for an mp3 system, what are the normal number of speakers in this model car?

2nd question

Realistically, how reliable is this car going to be, it has 90k on the clock, and a full service history, looks in good condition, is this going to kill me in 6 months with cost for repairs etc.

Welcome..............

Good choice and with a FSH is a good start. Cambelts are 80k, so check yours has been done. It's also recommended to go with 10k oil changes or at least annually to keep the old girl clean and happy on the inside. As with most used cars, it can be a lottery with what you are going to get with any niggly faults that may crop up, but at least you have the four rings to give you some reassurance!

Get some pics up after you've got it.............

Oh, forgot to say that you can keep your existing radio, tape cd or and multi cd, and get a mp3 and bluetooth unit off ebay that lets you hook up your phone and play mp3 / wma files off a pen stick, memory card etc.

Had my first drive in it today, and wow, it handls surprisingly well, and surprisingly fast as well. It does not have a tape drive, only CD, so thats cool, no clue if their is a multi one, dont think so.

Only things I have to do are as follows.

1. Give it a better clean inside, they valeted it but not very well
2. Cup holder on dashboard, front part is missing
3. Sun visors, both mirrors have slight rattling, easy fix

Otherwise its great, and beautifully refined inside, now I can see why Audi lovers love them. I had a Volvo S60 a while back, from new, and this is nicer inside than that was and it was a top of the range model, oh and how I have missed lumbar support.

Love it, everything is crossed so nothing goes wrong with it, but have the 2 year warranty which wants at min an oil change and oil filter change every 10k whichw as my plan anyway

Last edited: