S3 rear seats..

5teve L

Reaction score
I'm after a 3 point middle belt for my S3, I didn't know they had them fited to the early ones but a 2000 reg on ebay had one in & with the same colour leather alacantra... is there any breakers that would have them or can they be retro fitted at all ?

Cheers
Steve

They were probably an option, so if you've seen one you'll be able to retrofit one. There's not many companies that would bother producing a second run of cars just for people who didn't want the middle belt, all the anchors will be there, just no belt and maybe a plastic blank. Don't see why an A3 belt wouldn't work either, so head down to a scrappy and see what's there... or call around and ask.

im also intrested in this if you find out can you keep us informed as i also only have the lap belt in the middle and no place for a head restraint and asked about 6 mounths ago with no meaningful feedback

From what I gather they were an option & from what I've seen on the A3, the belt fixes into the rear of the seat & then has a clip in the top to keep it in place over the seat ... so prob not an easy DIY job TBH. the fixing points will be there for sure, just fitting the actual seatbelt retractor would be a PITA...