Some upgrades fitted.

solaris

Reaction score
Just had fitted a 2.5" testpipe, ITG panel filter, Autotek HPFP and a revised piston type diverter valve. i'm ready for a remap now!

The difference the testpipe makes on the stock car is very noticeable. The turbo spools so much quicker, the trottle reponds sharper and better. There is more power/torque through out the rev range. The miltek sounds abit louder now more meaty, bit still the cabin noise is not too intrusive.

I cant wait to see how it performs after a custom remap.

Thanks to Andy at Strom Developments for carrying out the work, Very nice chaps.

Just had fitted a 2.5" testpipe, ITG panel filter, Autotek HPFP and a revised piston type diverter valve. i'm ready for a remap now!

The difference the testpipe makes on the stock car is very noticeable. The turbo spools so much quicker, the trottle reponds sharper and better. There is more power/torque through out the rev range. The miltek sounds abit louder now more meaty, bit still the cabin noise is not too intrusive.

I cant wait to see how it performs after a custom remap.

Thanks to Andy at Strom Developments for carrying out the work, Very nice chaps.

Whats a test pipe mate? is a cheap and easy upgrade?

Been thinking about a test pipe myself I have lots of questions !

How much did it cost you inc fitting mate I have only seen them in the states and shipping is more than the pipe?
They make the exhaust alot louder dont they ?
I am already remapped to stage 1 will I need a remap if I go with a test pipe ?
Any cels yet I understand you need to space the O2 sensor or the increased flow throws a CEL ?

You can buy an APR test pipe at £220 or a VMR one available via ebay, i did the latter. its made from good quality grade of steel and the welding is very good too. The VMR pipe is 2.5" throughout and the APR item is 3" to 2.5".
ebay Item number:330443297373 or search the words "b7 test pipe". Failing this you can approach any custom exhaust place (Bluefalme, powerflow etc etc..) and ask them to make one. Fitting should be about 1.5hrs of labour.
Yes the exhaust does get louder however its not too loud.
I currently have the cel error showing but this will be eliminated with the remap tomorrow. Some mappers are able to eliminate the cel (REVO, APR, Custom-Code).

Just checked out the VMR seems good enough to me !
Have sent them an email about shipping cost I know it says free but I pressume this is US only ?
Also asked if they sell the spacers to get rid of the CEL as I dont want to get my car mapped its already been done once. Will see what it all adds up to mine is only a front driver and its struggling as it is so any more might just be an expensive conti shredding exercise !!!

I've got the VMR one fitted to, believe they had it on offer at the time, by the time id finished it came to £90 including shipping and import duty, run it with a standard exhaust and it sounds brilliant, always good for some flames out of the back too with the stage 2 map