Rear sport spring wanted / suggestions?

neilA4

Reaction score
Anybody got a spare rear spring for 1.8t quattro sport, preferably with one wihite, one pink paint mark?

or how much would audi want?

mot is in 2 weeks, and delivery time for an eibach kit is 2 weeks lol

unless anyone knows about places that will have other kits in stock?

cheers.

how much of it has broken?

If its just a half coil or similar, just cut it neatly so its square and refit.

Mine passed the MOT just fine like that.

I think it's more than half a coil, car is sitting about 12mm+ lower on passanger rear side.!

can I just rotate the spring so it locates against the tab?

could bodge for mot then get some eibach pro springs methinks.

cheers

S4 rear springs. Im sure there is a guy giving away a set of suspension and springs free on audisrs.

You'll need to cut it with a grinder so the end of the spring is square, or Mr Mot will probably fail it.

Mine had broken about 2/3rd of a coil, so i cut it back to 3/4 to square the end up, and now the cut side is about 10mm lower. I'm just going to even it it up by cutting the other side.

You need to remove and readjust the rubber seat that the top of the spring sits against unless you remove a full coil, or the two ends wont seat correctly.

all sorted cut it square and mot person didn't even notice!

got some eibach pro springs on way now anyway, when I took the upper box section off from damper it had rotted through from behind?? may just break all rust off and waxoil when doing springs?

cheers

Do you mean theres actually a hole, or just that some metal flaked off?

If theres a hole then i'd really want to either replace it, or weld it up...

erm there is more than a hole now after I proded it lol, it fits the contour or the inner arch so welding would have to be spot on, may just get some new ones, bet audi will want a small fortune

I don't know it might not be that much from audi. It's only a metal plate after all. Either that or try a breraker.