how do i remove.........?

205man

Reaction score
how do i remove the the following items without just wrenching them etc

1: the gear surround i want to carbon mine like someone has done here as it it worn and looking bit tatty on the curved edge. BUT mine is and auto/trip not manual like the one on here , in case that makes difference

2: the front and rear door trims i want to upgrade the speakers and so need to get the trim of to measure size and fit new ones

thanks

Hello mate ref door cards do this. Front ones first.....

1. Undo the two (one each side) small screws that are located at the top left and right edges of the doorcard.

2. Undo the small screw that thats located in the oval plastic trim which sits inside the grab handle(just underneath the electric window buttons). Once the screw is out pull the trim downwards and remove it.

3. You will now see two (front doors only) screws behind where the trim was. Undo these.

4. Now grab the doorcard with both hands and pull up. This will remove the card from the door.

Be carefull though as there are wires etc that still tie the doorcard to the door. If you want to take it away from the door disconnect all of these and unhook the rod from the door handle lever. I managed ti fit my speakers without doing this. Its just a bit fiddly thats all. Make sure you have the adapters to make them fit (if aftermarket) and ensure to seal them to the doorcards, as this is where they are seated unlike other cars where the speakers are mounted to the door.

Have fun.
;)