Removing Crome Trim Around the windows

mattypgolf

Matty A4 TDi Sport
Reaction score
Hi, has removed the crome trim from arounf the window?

Best way to do this? is it just stuck over the top of standard parts?

regards matt

hi matt iv not done it but there is a thread on here all about it and it is a very big job. you have to strip the top parts of the doors off
the frame needs to come off so i dont think any one has done it. some one got a tape for it the othere day and thats posted up here or you can paint it both are much easyer than take in it off mate.

Hey Matt,

is it cause you want to paint it?

Well if it is, my car was resprayed by the previous owner, good job on first glance, but now 2 years later, laquor (excuse the spelling) is beginning to peel away at the edges because they didnt take the chrome off and paint to the edge, I am assuming they just taped it which meant the laquor does not go under the chrome trim and therefore rain can get into it and cause it to flake....

So if it is to paint, then do take it off no matter how long it takes.. if not then please ignore...

hi dhillon884 sounds like your one was done but did not key it up and use undercoat all though evan that way may peel off after a few years.
and then you would need to re spray it.

Well i need to make it black! I originaly thought it was just stuck on..so heat gun but thats not the case i guess

Tapes the only way to do this imo - unless you remove them you'll only ever get half a spray job done.

If you're brave enough to try it good luck!

Chromestrip1.jpg

Chromestrip2.jpg

Chromestrip3.jpg

Chromestrip4.jpg

far from it mate there is loads off pepole on here that have chrome and want black but to take it off is more than its worth well that
seems to be how most see it any way lol. the tape maybe a good way to go it was on here just this week so just have a scroll down the main page id youll see it.

may be worth getting it wrapped in vinyl, would probably last better than paint on a tricky part.
I need to remove one piece on a rear door as its dented. can you buy it individually, i actually like it.

Just buy some shadowline trim tape or something and make it black, I seriously don't think it's that hard....