new key

siv

Reaction score
Gents,

I have been observing your forums from afar (Perth, Western Australia) and I would like you all to know that you are indeed lucky to have a choice of dealers to go to.

Here in WA (which is at least 15 times the size of the UK) we have a sum total of one dealer, Auto Classic.

Plus the prices we pay for such a lovely car like the M3 are huge, $150,000 or 55,555GBP with todays exchange rate.

Keep up the good work on the site, all the best, Lewea (about to go and register)

Lewea, Welcome to the board but I am sure a lot of people here in the UK wouldn't mind paying a bit more for their cars if we had the amount of space, climate and traffic levels you have in Australia
wink.gif

------------------
fde2178d.jpg.thumb.jpg

I got the BMW GB Survey phone call just the other day - caught me off guard so I didn't have a chance to mention all the gripes I wanted to get across, but anyway, I'll still be writing them a letter soon and giving them a piece of my mind.

If you are at all unhappy about any service you've received, then don't just vent off here, write them a letter and let them know about it. I know it takes time and effort to do so but we'll all be better off in the long run if enough of us complain.

that is absolutely outrageous that the salesman called you up and spoke to you in that manner and I completely agree that is totally unprofessional and it is also sheer arrogance for him to think that he has the right to call you like that. especially seeing as all that happened was that in an attempt to try and help BMW help themselves they misconstrued your constructive criticism. and lets face it on an customer srvice level they stink - i think that is down to the complacency of the people working for them.

if i was a real see you next tuesday i would ask for which dealership this guy works and what his name is and then write in to GB BMw and say that whilst on a test drive he sexually assaulted me. that would leave him short of a bonus or two!

only kidding but I cannot believe the cheek. and how did he think he might benefit from making such a call.

I agree with you all about naming and shaming. I just want to get through a few teething troubles I am having with the car and it's first service before I give a complete f**k you to the dealer.

I will in due course let you all know. I am still quite stunned at it all to be honest. I was so angry at the time I did launch into an offensive and remind the sales person in no uncertain terms that I was the customer and he had better remember that. At that point he backed off somewhat but still accused me of stitching him up. It's a real shame that I am going to have to cut ties with this dealership. My salesperson was organising a trip for me to the AC Schnitzer factory with preferential rates on an upgrade program for my M3. I guess that's all out the window now... and all because I told BMW GB to improve their information supply and test drive times.

Hey Tristan,
Just to take the pi** phone the salesman back and ask him how the arrangements for your trip are progressing and if the preferential rate has been finalised yet.
Cheers, James.

Beast,

Being a POM, I can appreciate your comments. I was back in the UK for a year and the traffic levels had increased dramatically even after being away from blightly for only 2 years.

We do have a lots of space over here but the speed camera's are very sneeky and are not fixed position ones like the UK.

And BTW, the wait list for an M3 is currently 1 year and there are only 14 in WA at this moment.

All the best everyone,
Lewea

Hi everyone

got my S3 6 weeks ago, what can i say?????
what a fantastic car, they are fabulous.

when i picked the car up from the audi dealer, there was only one key for it, but when i first enquired about the car , they said there was 2 keys, but the dealer managed to loose the other key, oh well, so when asked about it they said they would order a new key for me, which they have done, it has taken them 5 weeks to get it, spoke to them today and they said they will need the car in the workshop for half a day, to get new key working, that seems a long time to recode it or whatever they do to it?

after reading all the posts about the coil pack problems and about audi replacing them as and when a car goes into the workshop, do you think they will be replacing mine as it does seem a long time to have the car in the workshop just to get a new key to work? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

any advice on this would be great.

cheers

swede

p.s. great forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I wouldnt worry about it!
The coil packs on yours should be fine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It realy does take them that long to code the key, as it is done from a central German database by fax or web link, the key chip No then has to be input into the ecu within a certain time frame before the whole lot goes kaput!

I can understand the protective nature of your post, enjoy it, its a lovely motor car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

hi guys

i'm from good old blighty, swede's just my nickname, but thanks for the replies

cheers

Swede /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greetings Swede,

Just to confirm what's already been said....
I rang Audi UK to enquire about coil packs and they said
that all S3's built after Oct/Nov 2002 will have no problems.
Lets just hope they are right, my S3 rolled off the line last week in Feb....welcome to the club.

Jack.

Just to settle paranoia, took me 9 weeks to get a replacement key and a half day for the coding also.

Though audi were bullshitting, but apparently not...

Hi there, just read this post today. I had a switchblade key made up for my car recently from a place in London. They were recommended by VAG parts and were said to be the only known place in the UK who could supply, cut, and code these newer style keys! It comes in 2 parts - the button section and the blade section. The Button section you can order from Martyn (VAG Parts), the other part is supplied from the Keycutter. I paid around £80 in total.

Give them a call on 0208 847 4404

There are some on Ebay at the moment for around £30, now I imagine Audi are going to charge a fair whack for coding them and sorting the blade out, will have a chat with my local dealer...he is bound to know what he is talking about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif