Insurance on the up?

Terrier QTS

Reaction score
With another years no claims, I assumed my insurance would go down this year, but no. It went up and by a fair bit too!

How does this sound to you guys: £420 fully comp, all mods declared, 10000 miles pa, 32 years old with 4 years NCB? This is with Elephant.

This was still massively cheaper than anywhere else, I was getting quotes of 600 and 700, even from places like Brentacre and Adrian Flux. Last year I paid £320, what's happened??

Do a quote online with elephant.

Chances are it won't let you, but put in the same details just reversing surname and forname with all others details the same - I can pretty much guarantee the quote will be cheaper.

Note the details, and phone the befor 1pm on a weekday (important - the call goes to Cardiff, rather than a Canadian call centre), and argue the case. They will honour the " brand new customer" price.

Works every year for me with Elephant/Admiral as they're the same group..and the do try to hike their prices every year - I saved over £400 on a multicar policy (two cars) doing the above.

try Quick fit (" Quick fit" i know that's what i said) but on the S3 me and the missus fully comp for £400 with loads of discounts and free breakdown cover..

Just tried this Graemep and it ended up 30 quid more, I guess I shouldn't complain!

That does surprise me - everyone I know whos done that has saved money. Not looking forward to August now..

Yep insurance has increased for me each year.

Age 21: Golf R32 theoretically most expensive in group 18
Age 22: S3, group 17 yet insurance went up £180 despite extra year NCB and 1 year older
Age 23: RX-8, group 16 insurance stayed the same as S3 despite it being a group lower than S3 and me having 3 years NCB and being 23

What, did you really think insurers weren't going to pass the cost of all these fake personal injury claims on to the already sodomized British motorist?

I'm 28, max no claims, driving 11 years, IAM member etc and my car insurance has gone up from £410 to over £500 this year. My renewal quote arrived today...not happy.

Tom mate, you're getting shafted. I wouldn't pay £500 insurance for a 1.8T with your credentials, maybe those LED interior lights are pushing up your costs :happy:

Well it would be a lot less if the mods werent declared. Before I did the mods the insurance was well under £400 quid

I didnt think last years price was too bad due to the mods but I'm ******** if they're taking over £500 off me this year.

speak to the sponsors of the insurance section as they are quite good

Yep insurance has increased for me each year.

Age 21: Golf R32 theoretically most expensive in group 18
Age 22: S3, group 17 yet insurance went up £180 despite extra year NCB and 1 year older
Age 23: RX-8, group 16 insurance stayed the same as S3 despite it being a group lower than S3 and me having 3 years NCB and being 23

What, did you really think insurers weren't going to pass the cost of all these fake personal injury claims on to the already sodomized British motorist?

This is the biggest cause of increased premiums.

Insurance is "business"

I don't know why you guys think insurance companies would give your cheaper insurance, even if there was a 75% reduction in injury or accident claims overall.

With another years no claims, I assumed my insurance would go down this year, but no. It went up and by a fair bit too!

How does this sound to you guys: £420 fully comp, all mods declared, 10000 miles pa, 32 years old with 4 years NCB? This is with Elephant.

This was still massively cheaper than anywhere else, I was getting quotes of 600 and 700, even from places like Brentacre and Adrian Flux. Last year I paid £320, what's happened??

Postcodes make a huge difference in insurance premiums too, so it's very difficult to compare like for like quotes between two people living in 2 different areas. It's also been noted that adding a female driver to your policy can drop the quote too, so maybe add your other half,sister or mother seems to work, if you haven't already done so.

I'm paying just under 500 for my S3, 10k miles, 33 with 11years NCB, 6points on my licence, and 6points on my other half's licence with all mods declared.

Postcodes make a huge difference in insurance premiums too, so it's very difficult to compare like for like quotes between two people living in 2 different areas. It's also been noted that adding a female driver to your policy can drop the quote too, so maybe add your other half,sister or mother seems to work, if you haven't already done so.

I'm paying just under 500 for my S3, 10k miles, 33 with 11years NCB, 6points on my licence, and 6points on my other half's licence with all mods declared.

Yeah I know. I live out in the sticks, so I would've thought that would drop the insurance a bit. I've got the mrs on the policy, it certainly does make a difference.

Watching any episode of Traffic Cops or similar points out just how many people are driving without insurance (I saw a copper impounding a car myself yesterday). This is what we're paying for, the scumbags! :asskicking:

The AA has told me my premiums are going up this year from £360 to £480, for what? Nothing. l havent had a claim or anything, no changes. AXA quoted me £213 with 7 years ncb, 40, and the wife on it.

Yep, we are all paying for the people who dont want to pay for their insurance.

I proactively seek those people out and take their cars off them.... "but its really expensive and I cant afford it"...toughen up princess...I pay for mine so you can pay your way too, keys please.