A3 So Far

Hunty

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Had my A3 for a little while now, and been working at it slowly to bring it upto scratch. Alloys need a possible refurb, as they are stained and has black Tar spots I can't shift, but auto smart tardis is on it's way and this will hopefully do the Job. Anyway, interior cleaned with Meguiars APC, dressed with Meguiars Nxt gen protector (needs using up!). Leather cleaned and conditioned with the gliptone twins. Engine bay cleaned with Megs APC and AG Tar remover and dressed with Aerospace 303. Bodywork washed with Chemical Guys Extreme wash and wax, Clayed with sonus mild green, polished via DA with menzerna Super finish PO 106 FA on menzerna polishing pad. Protected with carlack 68 NSC and Collinite 476s. A little disappointed with the finish after that, so will be going for an acrylic sealant next, either the werkstat set or Finishkare 1000p.
A few pic's
Interior before

After

Before

After

Back of left seat treated with Gliptone twins, right one untreated.

Doorshut before (taken on my mobile, not great quality)

After

No before's of the exterior I'm afraid.

Will get some pic's up with new products used and Tyres dressed! Getting there though.
Does anyone know the manufacturers colour name for the colour of my car. Can't find it anywhere!
Thanks for reading,
Neil

Awful Neil, pains me to see such a rubbish attempt at cleaning . . . almost as much as your shoulder injury hurt you!

(only jesting lad, love the colour and looks great :icon_thumright

****** hell mate, that's a nice wound!! Thank God my knee was key hole is all I'm going to say!

It's a good one, chicks dig scars though! Shame I'm married with a nipper though. Did the interior, engine and doorshut's one handed, and it was my left hand! Let's just say when it comes to wiping my A***, I'm now ambidextrous!

LOL!

Door shuts, matey you wait until you see 8 years of grime being cleaned, good God! Thread up hopefully at the weekend, when I've finished the detail.

Hunty, did u have an "acromioclavicular grade 3" by any chance?

I did that to myself a few years ago, but didnt have the surgery, went with physio only, got probably 99% of movement back after about 4 months. Left with my collar bone sticking up about 10mm tho!

That's right Daz, yes. Got full 100% movement back but couldn't bench press and therefore didn't have a hand-off in rugby which was a little dangerous and left me at a massive disadvantage! The surgery ****** hurts mate. More than the actual injury. Waiting for all the swelling to go to see if my collar bone looks normal again, hope so.

Agreed Rich. I've got to use some of the other stuff I have first though, it was on offer a while ago and when I went to order it it was back to normal price and couldn't bring myself to order it then because I'm a tight northerner and was angry with myself for not ordering it at the time, but will have to bite the bullet!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…