Headlights fitted at last

voteforpedro

Reaction score
Finally fitted my headlights!

audi-headlight-1.jpg

audi-headlight-2.jpg

audi-headlight-3.jpg

Bit of a dodgy fit on the driver side. I lost the lower mounting point... you know the one with the hole where the peg on the bottom of the headlights slide into? I'm guessing it's because of this, or maybe I didn't trim enough away. Oh well, I will sort them out once it warms up a bit.

And here's my exhaust:

audi-exhaust.jpg

its not your right or left hand, its the cars ;)

the cars right hand side is always the cars right hand side, regardless of which direction your looking at it ;)

Always thought right and left was as viewed from drivers seat,but im sure someone will correct me if i am wrong.

it is, because when your sat there, you and the car are facing the same direction, so your right and the cars right is in the same place :p

Easier to refer to it as nearside and offside. Nearside is the side nearest the kerb on a normal 2 way road. Saying left and right always seems to cause a bit of confusion. lol

Looks loads better, will look better still when you iron out the mounting niggle

Every time I see somebody else fitting facelifts I get a pang of guilt for not sorting mine out yet.
I rather like your zorst, too.

looking good front and back really freshens it up just needs a wash now

I keep mine immaculate inside (though I do feel guilty I haven't fed the leather this year)

Outside is another story. I need to find a route to work where the road dirt is metallic blue to match.

i am glad i came across this thread as i was just about to ask if someone had done this.... can you tell me where you get the lights from , or what model they are from as i want to do the same to my s4 as both my indicator lenses are cracked, but mine are xennons will that matter or is it just the lenses you change?...is there a how to section on doing this??/ sorry to hijack the thread by the way..

You will need Xenon S4 lamp units from a facelift (99-01) car. The facelift ballasts are also totally different, so you'll probably have to do a bit of fabricating if you want to keep your existing ballasts.