8V S3 Tuning Thread

Not really. Works like it should. buth you have to get used to the sound when you drive normal.
would love to hear how it sounds!

i had one on my 2.0 tfsi in my Leon!, loved it, but it was quite loud, even when plodding around town and shifting early!

Mmm that's good gains mate, I'm not sure who I'm going to yet but I'm trying to get all the mods on my car to get stage 2+ Before a turbo mod. I've emailed unicorn and mrc to see what they can do.

Yeah, im gonna go with a wagner IC next. Might go with other bits and pieces like the cts intake pipe, induction and throttle pipe and see if it does anything. Turbo upgrade would be last option, even when the TTE 525 looks tempting :p

Yeah, im gonna go with a wagner IC next. Might go with other bits and pieces like the cts intake pipe, induction and throttle pipe and see if it does anything. Turbo upgrade would be last option, even when the TTE 525 looks tempting :p

Peron do a great intercooler also, it's not advertised online but I'm using it.

And yeah the TTE525 is very tempting!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Peron do a great intercooler also, it's not advertised online but I'm using it.

And yeah the TTE525 is very tempting!

I go wagner or the new cts maybe. Dvx performance is my complete tuning shop for software and parts. Only thing i am affraid for with the TTE525 is the dsg clutch. When running 500hp your pushing arround 590-600nm and it may be to mich for the original clutch packs. Still, with 550nm at the moment the dsg handels it perfectly and i still have 7 more psi we can add to the pressure. Apr says 600nm with there dsg software. Gonna wait untill more people run them and see what the dsg does.

nothing yet... but will be done before the start of summer.
Let us know how the tte goes, I've spoke to Simon about prices etc, but I'm going to opt for the turbo technics hybrid instead, I'm buying it end of April and taking it down to Mrc for mapping, going to be a fun car

Let us know how the tte goes, I've spoke to Simon about prices etc, but I'm going to opt for the turbo technics hybrid instead, I'm buying it end of April and taking it down to Mrc for mapping, going to be a fun car

i've seen a few people now mention about changing their turbo.
i take it these engines respond well to it, or is there a lot more to it than changing the turbo and a map?
how do the stock injectors hold out?

the turbo is so easily accessible on the S3, its surprising!

Can t find any info on the turbo technics hybrid ... Can you post some info and maybe a dyno ?

You would need to speak to TT direct regarding figures, I know that awesome gti have one on their own s3 and it's running about 470hp at the moment they are also upping the boost so it will be interesting to see what they make

Reactions: RO65ERS
You would need to speak to TT direct regarding figures, I know that awesome gti have one on their own s3 and it's running about 470hp at the moment they are also upping the boost so it will be interesting to see what they make

How much of that engine and power chain is stock?

I thought the S3 was running the new apr stage 3 as beta test before the official launch?

Reactions: H17YD L
APR Stage 3 with 480hp and 550nm

100-200 kmh in 8,8s...

3ec8ff4d15ccfb5ab8de14d9660f3897.jpg

79be55809a187f21ec16e29df06f8e09.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and xpoweruk
For 480hp and 400ftlb...That's not that quick.
It shows that torque is important.
(Something doesn't add up with those figures to start with)

People are seeing that ftlb from a simple map. Why is it being held back?

See below video APR posted up on YouTube of their Stage 3+ Golf R:

The time slip shown at the end of the video shows their car doing 0-124.6mph (which is 0-200.52kph) in 10.847 secs.

This is nearly half the time taken by pepperisback's car, as shown in his/her post. Clearly somethings not quite right here...

Reactions: Martinbanshee
No way can that APR stage 3 car be running full power doing that time 100-200.

My personal best is 8.7 100-200 and 4.4 60-100mph.

This was done on normal pump fuel, no back seats in to save some weight and about 4/5 degrees ambient temp.

Anyone good suggestions for upgrading the total airflow ?
Installing tte525r in a few weeks and want à restricion free airflow

Does the Turbo Technics induction hose really do something? You can put up a hose as big as you want buth the turbo inlet will allways be the same size.

Reactions: Rob2k68, S3Alex, pat15312 and 1 other person
I think it's fairly obvious that the 0-200 time on that log wasn't a proper run. Unless of course it took him 11-12secs to go 0-100 (0-62mph)? lol

Will you upgrade your DSG for the TTE525r?
No not yet .... on various fora DSG should be capabel to at least 600nm.
United Motorsports even claims 800nm with 17 bar pressure.
I think they are right ......

A tuning compagny in Switzerland has 800nm on 19 bar ....

No not yet .... on various fora DSG should be capabel to at least 600nm.
United Motorsports even claims 800nm with 17 bar pressure.
I think they are right ......

A tuning compagny in Switzerland has 800nm on 19 bar ....

Holy crap...my auntie lives in Switzerland, maybe should pay her a visit with my new turbo!

yes, i want to see it first off course but i think the DSG should hold up more torque with a good tune.
APR claims 600nm with their DSG tune.