8L, 8P and now 8V S3 3 months away !

The Challinor

Reaction score
Website
www.businessguysit.com
This is kind of a double post, ordered the car back in the beginning of April but changed the spec more times that I like to admit. Couple that with the fact its 4 months down, 3 to go I thought it deserved a new post with up to date details:

Will be on my 3rd S3 come November after owning S3's since I was 19, had the 8L for about 2 years and will have had the 8P for just over 4. Got invited to the Swansway Audi Oulton Park event and fell in love with the steering and noise from the S-tronic ( especially when up shifting !) First S-Tronic so will make a nice change, excited as a kid at Christmas - just gotta wait until November now.

Since ordering build week has gone from wk 42 to Drum Roll Please ! /// wk 41, better then nothing I suppose.

S3 S-Tronic 3dr
Audi custom paint
Audi Parking System Plus
Bang & Olufsen sound system
Comfort package ( light and rain sensors, etc)
Adaptive Cruise control
Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated
Hold assist
LED Interior lighting package
Privacy glass
Tech Pack + Audi Connect​

Reactions: CCWS3
Brilliant! Without trawling your prev posts, what colour?

Pink-Q7-Southampton-Large.jpg

Reactions: CCWS3, Battlekrapz and Louay
Nice spec choice, similar to what I'm hoping to order next week, might also take a leaf out of your book and keep my exclusive colour choice a secret till the car arrives :)

That was my plan originally but I couldn't keep it under wraps and needed to share the love. :)

What colours were your 8L & 8P

For me you'd think I liked blue or something - my 8L was Azure blue which was quite rare at the time, my 8P was Sprint blue and now my 8V will be ..........if you really want to know you'll have to go digging or wait until Friday haha

Nice spec choice, similar to what I'm hoping to order next week, might also take a leaf out of your book and keep my exclusive colour choice a secret till the car arrives :)

Cheers mate, yer man keep it hush on here. I'm a massive fan of rare / unusual colours so I'd like to know if you decide to tell people lol.

That was my plan originally but I couldn't keep it under wraps and needed to share the love. :)

What colours were your 8L & 8P

For me you'd think I liked blue or something - my 8L was Azure blue which was quite rare at the time, my 8P was Sprint blue and now my 8V will be ..........if you really want to know you'll have to go digging or wait until Friday haha

8L was imola yellow and 8P now is sprint blue, so used to the S / RS colours and choosing this colour was a dream come true !

I know what your having now, would be keen to see it in the flesh though, only seen 1 or 2 cars in that colour before if that. Yours will be the only one in that colour so far, yes you sure do like your blues.

Reactions: RAPS3
Challinor, is it Solar Orange?!?! Looks IDEAL on the 8V!

Cheers mate, yer man keep it hush on here. I'm a massive fan of rare / unusual colours so I'd like to know if you decide to tell people lol.

Its gonna be difficult keeping it hush hush till March haha!

RAPS3: Dug into your posts & found it - nice unusual choice. Enjoy Friday!

Challinor: good on you for keeping it secret. I managed to keep mine secret until after delivery. Had to fight temptation not to let it out though...
Mine is the exclusive that is not quite as exclusive now given the MY changes.
John.

Reactions: The Challinor, veeeight and RAPS3
I almost ordered Riviera blue - which I absolutley love, however with the car being a daily I thought it may stand out too much and draw unwanted attention so toned it down a little. :)

I then saw a Riviera blue S3 8V and it didnt float my boat as much as I thought it would so am glad I changed it. I think it looks better on the bigger cars RS6, RS4's etc.

On countdown now...tick tock...

March wait will be a killer (I know we're not helping haha)

It is gonna be a killer! Hopefully if I order it next week it should come for the 1st.

Hmm... Hopefully mine won't stand out too much!! Shouldn't unless it's sunny :)

I came within a nats doo dah of ordering solar on mine, but I wasn't prepared to pay silly money to Audi for it! You get zero back for exclusive colours when you trade the car in (been there) so in the end I couldn't justify the spend. Shame, as I saw a couple of 8v S3s in solar when on business in Germany and they looked amazing, well on the three door it did. Not so sure on the 5 door, but then most estates look a bit iffy in the louder colours.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCWS3
I think the Solar Orange looks fantastic, I'm a fan of bright colours, especially with something like an S or RS car.

Racing Blue Mica is a lovely colour, and I absolutely love Imola yellow but I'd need to see how it worked with the shape of the S3.

I had a merlin purple A4 but tired of the colour quickly :think:

RAPS3: Dug into your posts & found it - nice unusual choice. Enjoy Friday!

Challinor: good on you for keeping it secret. I managed to keep mine secret until after delivery. Had to fight temptation not to let it out though...
Mine is the exclusive that is not quite as exclusive now given the MY changes.
John.

Yer yours is nice indeed, seen a R8 in Sepang matte and that's also pretty sweet.

I almost ordered Riviera blue - which I absolutley love, however with the car being a daily I thought it may stand out too much and draw unwanted attention so toned it down a little. :)

I then saw a Riviera blue S3 8V and it didnt float my boat as much as I thought it would so am glad I changed it. I think it looks better on the bigger cars RS6, RS4's etc.

On countdown now...tick tock...

March wait will be a killer (I know we're not helping haha)

Love riviera blue, it's a awesome Porsche colour

I think the Solar Orange looks fantastic, I'm a fan of bright colours, especially with something like an S or RS car.

Racing Blue Mica is a lovely colour, and I absolutely love Imola yellow but I'd need to see how it worked with the shape of the S3.

I agree, the really bright and bold colours work well on S and RS cars - especially yellows / blues. I've always been tempted to go for a Lambo Green on S3, but I'm worried I would look like a speedy booger!!!

French Blue would look prime, even if it does err on the feminine side. What is this Racing Blue Mica? I've not seen it before.

I came within a nats doo dah of ordering solar on mine, but I wasn't prepared to pay silly money to Audi for it! You get zero back for exclusive colours when you trade the car in (been there) so in the end I couldn't justify the spend. Shame, as I saw a couple of 8v S3s in solar when on business in Germany and they looked amazing, well on the three door it did. Not so sure on the 5 door, but then most estates look a bit iffy in the louder colours.

Agree with you in the money side of things, I'm a massive Audi fan and it's all about the experience and the colour is one of the most important things for me. If the brochure colours did it for me I would have chosen one.

Seen a RS4 in glut orange ( German for solar) and there is also papaya orange ( lighter shade I think ).

I've got pics of a imola A3 8V floating around somewhere on my Dropbox folder full of 100's of Audi photos haha

I agree, the really bright and bold colours work well on S and RS cars - especially yellows / blues. I've always been tempted to go for a Lambo Green on S3, but I'm worried I would look like a speedy booger!!!

French Blue would look prime, even if it does err on the feminine side. What is this Racing Blue Mica? I've not seen it before.

Someone had a S3 8V in French racing blue ( again may be a Porsche colour ). Little too light for me.

Stafford Audi tried to order some S / RS cars in Lamborghini green but they were refused by Audi over in Germany.