Newbie needs help :)

anthony1989

Reaction score
Right I became the owner of an 04REG Audi A3 2.0 TDI SLINE DSG nearly a week and a half ago
Approx 58k on it and fully serviced by audi dealer...bought from a genuine guy and the car has been well looked after.

All has been good EXCEPT: I have noticed while driving my car seems to rev on its own sometimes... now I know this sounds weird so let my try and explain...eg... on my way home from work tonight... cruisin...just over 70... (in DRIVE) I had cruise control on... and the revs just flick up, and then go back down, and then back up again, back down, back up, until I either speed up or slow down... but this also happens when not in cruise control... normally between 60-80 and the revs will flick up like the clutch engages and then disengages... i hope ive explained myself well enough... I have no lights on the dash that come up, nothing....

I really hope someone can help because I have not just spent £8500 on my car for it to **** up after a week!

Thanks for looking guys!

took a video this morning to show you guys whats happening, im in cruise control at about 60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y-gJqaiQsg

but ive found its happening more often the more i drive and at slower speeds also

My revs were going up and down also but mine is a 2.0tfsi it turned out to be a faulty diverter valve and an air leek , Audi fixed it under warrenty and its been fine ever since