Forge or bosch?

gaz71

1.8T Quattro Sport AJL
Reaction score
Hi guys, what DV do you reckon is better, Forge or TT rated Bosch?

Personally, the 710N does the job and is 25quid. I'm not one for spending money unneccesarily, so i really dont see why people would want to fit the forge et al valves.

I have heard some people suggest the forge valve makes the car feel different, but you'd really need to try them back to back to know for sure, otherwise you might in reality be comparing a forge with a broken OE valve.

The reason for asking is that I have both and am under car at the mo wondering whether to fit the bosch back on. The car is chipped to 200bhp.

Gaz if you already have the Forge then go for it.Mine has a Forge on it and it closes smoother than the Hyperboost I had before.

Mind you, had this one not had the 007 on it, i woulg have fitted the TT one

Well I've left the Forge on for the time being. As I said it seems to be working fine.

Got the 710N just in case I feel like a change or the Forge starts playing up.

Out from under car now :)

forge ones don't split and fall apart like the platic bosch ones, if chipped i would use forge, you can adjust spring pressures as well then.

I got forge one free so can't complain.
plenty of people run OEM on chipped or dual OEM on Big turbo cars.
They work just fine but are plastic and I am not convinced by the quality of the membrane to last when under higher boost pressure for prolonged periods.

If you have a Forge then you would be nuts to use it but if you are just driving a chipped but otherwise standard car the OEM Bosch unit (a working one that is) will do just fine

Personally, the 710N does the job and is 25quid. I'm not one for spending money unneccesarily, so i really dont see why people would want to fit the forge et al valves.

I have heard some people suggest the forge valve makes the car feel different, but you'd really need to try them back to back to know for sure, otherwise you might in reality be comparing a forge with a broken OE valve.
same thoughts here. one of my DV lasted 115k, the ohter was dead. new 710N were £25, new aftermarket was £80-£100

the forge is servicable, the OE lasts c.115k miles

if the OE one fails early im still in pocket if it dies 4x over

and B... a friend of mine put a forge on her 20vt (more accurately i put it on) and her car still had compressor surge afterwards. the standard spring or whatever wasnt right (didnt respond properly) for her engine (remapped AGU)