I'm gutted, scrap yards

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Been poking about my local scrappy for months keeping my eyes open for facelift bits. Everytime I go in they only have pre facelift B5's.

Ducked in yesterday to grab a couple of Passat bits for a mate and they had a nice facelift B5 in there with rear electric windows, mint centre console the lot. I would have stripped the ****** bare but I'd just forked out £400 out for stuff for my flat so the coffers are now empty :sorry:

Thats a ******! I saw a nice Anni MK4 golf go into my Local scrapyard with damage to the front end and it was stripped within 2 hours no joke....Seats, Panels, Bumpers etc all gone. haha

Yep, they don't muck about. Also had a Mitsubishi Evo P300 EVO (iirc) awaiting the insurance man to come and inspect it. With all the naff weather there were some nice motors in the holding areas

Last edited:
I sell cars for a living, you would be gutted to see some of the cars that have been through us as part of the scrappage scheme. . . . .

They had a few nice motors like that at this place. A V plated Land Rover Discovery, looked absolutely perfect yet couldn't be put back on the road as it was under the scheme. It seems a shocking shame. Especially as most of the CO² is a result of making the car and not actually driving it so the arguements the government give just don't stack up, I guess that's a whole new discussion though. lol

I sell cars for a living, you would be gutted to see some of the cars that have been through us as part of the scrappage scheme. . . . .

My friend was telling me how his grandad parted his E30 BMW though the scrapage scheme and it had a genuine 60k on the clock :S

Makes you wonder haha...

My friend was telling me how his grandad parted his E30 BMW though the scrapage scheme and it had a genuine 60k on the clock :S

Makes you wonder haha...

Well, that would not scratch the surface.

I personally have seen:

- Fiesta Supersport
- MG Metro Turbo
- Porsche 928 Turbo
- Morris Minor

And many many more....

OK I can deal with the moggy and metro, but not the supersport..... awhhh.. I take it was a MK1 ??? Noooooooooooooooo

What i dont get, is that these old cars are generally owned by enthusiasts, and if it met the scrappage scheme criteria then it had an MOT and was therefore roadworthy. I can understand it if its a completely rotten heap sat in the garden. You'd have thaught something like a Supersport would have been worth 1-2k in road worthy condition?

A Supersport :(. There should be a dispensation on the scheme to rescue special cars or cars of interest that retarded owners don't fully understand.

Noooooo! Shoot the muppet! LOL! I cant believe that ...... bet they bought a crappy shoe box jelly mold thing insted ...... thats one car I would love to get or a MK1 XR2 :) with some Yoko A008R's somebody must remember those..... ?

I wish some of the scrap yards by me would have some audi's in i have only ever seen one in there and that had been stripped completly