Dump/diverter valve

I

imported_velcrobix

I'm going to get my 99' s3 remapped to 270bhp (AMD) and i'm struggling to decide weather to get a diverter or a dump valve ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I do like the noise from a dump valve.
Is a dump valve as easy to fit as a diverter?

Either way im thinking forge or baily.

I know this subject has been discussed many times before but can anyone help?

Forge dont supply a Dump valve for VAG engines.
Dont be misslead about their atmos dump valve working on all turbo cars with MAF sensors because they dont, whats more Forge will tell you the same, they are honest.
The Baily EVO 26 might work on your car it has for Foolish3uk but it doesn't perform as i excpected it to on my A4...
They are easy to fit,not as straight foward as a OEM DV because you have to do a bit of hack and slash but i did a pictoral guide if you want it but things are slightly in a different place for me but the outcome is the same.
Good luck Velcro.

any particular reason you not thought about the AmD viper valve to compliment the Amd Remap...

im sure they could fit it during the time its in and save you bothering...

and test/prove its working with the final after remap RR.

just a thought.

not rulled the viper valve out if i decide to get a diverter valve (which i prob will). Just wasnt sure if to go for a dump valve or not - heard they can cause problems though.

Cheers for the info Leezace.

Not getting remap for a couple of months but need to sort out diverter valve out now because the current, standard one on my car had started making a fluttering noise.

Dont believe all you read, check out the thread "hold the front page on dump valves" in the technical forum. I see you have an A3, A young lad called Foolish3uk is runing an EVO 26 on his A3 and he is well pleased with it.
Check it out.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

if you have an S3, you have no chance of getting an atmospheric as far as im aware, im also running atmospheric on an A3 with no problems, but it only works well on cable throttle cars, not the DBW ones.

Chikened out and gone for the safe option - just fitted an AMD viper DV. It sorted out a few problems, the standard DV must of been f*cked. Car runs loads better now!!

Soon be able to get it remapped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif