Retro fit RNSE

JamesS4cab

Reaction score
As you can tell i already have the fidgets to mod the car and was wondering how hard it is to retro fit RNSE as i currently have the Concert HU with the std speakers?

BTW - standard speakers appear to be very handy!!

Last edited:
In my 2009 A3, it was so easy an idiot managed to do it (me!)

Take the Concert head unit out, plug in the RNS-E ..... that was it!

Apparently some cars need to be coded for everything to work properly, but mine seems fine!

Chris

I have the concert fitted with the genuine Audi ipod interace.

Is this gong in the S4 cab or an A3?

If it's an A3 with no BOSE and the car is an 07 or newer model then it's plug and play, just mount your GPS antenna under the dash and away you go... I'd code it all up thought, just to do it properly ;)
You may suffer degraded FM reception as your car has the wrong antenna system for the RNSe. There is also a fix for this, have a search around for my thread.

If it's an A4 then there are a few other things to think about.

S4 has gone just before christmas to make way for a 57 plate S3 that i purchased yeterday!!

Your good to go then!
EDIT: Well you need to source an RNSe first....

As mentioned it is a doddle to fit the most time consuming part is remvoving your clocks and fitting the GPS reciever behind them but even that was easy. If you have a multi function wheel, bluetooth phone, ipod connect/aux etc in you will need it coded. You can change the display screen to say S3 also.

Davie