S3 electric seat question

nimby

Reaction score
Is there any way to make the seat go lower? I've had the car 10 months or so but recently I'm experiencing circulation problems in my right leg after driving for 20 minutes or so which is pretty uncomfortable. I don't have a problem in my wife's new A3 as that seat is manually adjustable and goes lower and my leg is at a better angle.

There's 2 levers on the right hand side of the seat.the horizontal laver does seat height and the vertical lever does the seat back adjustment mate,the button is for lumber support!:lazy:

Is there any way to make the seat go lower? I've had the car 10 months or so but recently I'm experiencing circulation problems in my right leg after driving for 20 minutes or so which is pretty uncomfortable. I don't have a problem in my wife's new A3 as that seat is manually adjustable and goes lower and my leg is at a better angle.

I had my S3 for 7 years & never had that issue at varying positions.

Does the seat move at all up/down with the side electrics, if not then you may have the well known microswitch issue where they're broken/come out of position thus switches are cut of the circuit, test them 1st.

There's 2 levers on the right hand side of the seat.the horizontal laver does seat height and the vertical lever does the seat back adjustment mate,the button is for lumber support!:lazy:
Christ is that what they do, I was scared to touch them in case they were for the ejection seat:laugh:
I'll try again - with the seat adjusted to its lowest position (pushing the horizontal lever down until the seat stops ) I've always found it a bit high for my liking and it is now causing me this discomfort. I hope there will be a medical answer but if there isn't and it's old age catching up, can the micro switches be repositioned to allow the seat to go lower which would ease the pressure on my right hurdie?

The S3 seats are high up because the motors take up so much space underneath the seat. When I first bought my current S3 I was shocked at how much higher I sat compared to in the R32 which had manual bucket seats.

I hope there will be a medical answer but if there isn't and it's old age catching up, can the micro switches be repositioned to allow the seat to go lower which would ease the pressure on my right hurdie?

A good chiropractor may help things with your legs as maybe a nerve in base of back or even coming from the spine, I've seen a chiro many times & its amazing how much they can do to help out, I suffer from muscular tension brought on by years of stomach issues & sternum damage from an operation I think, so everything gets pulled in & makes my back/spine unreal, £32 later & yes feel knackered but after a kip I feel so much better, actually due for one as havnt seen him in 6 months.

Microswitches shouldnt be touched if not faulty, as the mechanism works on long threaded poles that could goto far & then wont go back, hence the microswitches to cut power, dont mess with if I was you.

I had my S3 for 7 years & never had that issue at varying positions.

Does the seat move at all up/down with the side electrics, if not then you may have the well known microswitch issue where they're broken/come out of position thus switches are cut of the circuit, test them 1st.

Mate, I'm having this problem with my passenger seat, only one of the switches works. Can you elaborate on the micro-switch issue please?

Thanks for replies, have a hospital appt. Friday which hopefully will sort me out. Will take your advice and leave the mechanisms alone as they are working fine.

Mate, I'm having this problem with my passenger seat, only one of the switches works. Can you elaborate on the micro-switch issue please?

They break of the locators, thus they dont get hit by the mechanisms, thus they dont stop when they should, so can go to far & get stuck in a position, need to remove the seat to chec the state of them.

Ask Voorhees about removing the seats even with my instructions, lol

Thanks for replies, have a hospital appt. Friday which hopefully will sort me out. Will take your advice and leave the mechanisms alone as they are working fine.

Mate hospital wont do squat usually, as they dont have chiro's on the job, has to be private & best thing for you.