BOSE

jay_w

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking about fitting the BOSE speakers , amp ,sub etc in to my avant.
I was wondering the following :

Whats the sound quality like?

Is it worth the upgrade?

Is there much difference from the none-bose to the bose ?

Cheers

Jay

I'd spend the money on aftermarket kit, rather than BOSE personally. I just dont like how it sounds.

The best i can describe it is to say it sounds "muddy"...

Maybe the bose speakers themselves would be ok, if you coupled them up to a proper amplifier and head unit?

I agree with Aragorn, some semi decent comps, a sub, and an amp to power the lot. Will cost you less than a used Bose setup and sound miles better.

All in my opinion ,obviously

id have to disagree with aragorn post, for a out of the box setup its a good all round sound, the bass is good so is the mid, top end it needs a bit more to cope with the bass some times but overall im impressed with the sound quality, i play house and hard trance and it copes very well, i cant complain, would i go down the route of fitting bose if i had a std set up then no i wouldnt as the cost would be to much, a good 4 channel amp and mono block amp to power the sub and some good quality speakers would deffo sound good, add that to a alpine hu then it will sound better than the bose system and would be a hell of a lot cheaper,unless you can find a complete bose kit on flea bay going cheap

Regardless of the perceived sound quality improvement, it's a shedload of work. Not just a case of swapping the speakers and installing the amp. the complete Bose wiring loom needs to be run front to back, and all the speakers need to be rewired back to the Bose amp. On the non Bose system the rears are amped and the fronts run off the HU, so this wiring needs to be extended back to the boot. Also there is no front pre-out feed to the boot, so this needs to be installed. A lot of work for minimal improvement.

actually its pretty easy to install, the harness is plug n play it just takes a bit of dismantling to get it in place, but so would installing an aftermarket system

did my saloon in a few hours and it does sound alot better

that's what I mean, bar running a power cable, it's the same amount of work as going aftermarket, but only about 10% of the improvement. Total waste of time.

when it comes to wasting my time im an expert, fitting bose wasnt a waste