Which cars does the S3 share shocks with?

ghost.s3

Reaction score
I'm thinking of replacing my rear shocks (one looks like it's developing a leak). Just researching a couple of options and was wondering which cars share the S3's shocks. I imagine the TT Quattro would - does it? And which other cars (any Seat's, VW's, etc.)?

Tried a forum search, but it's a bit restrictive when it doesn't allow for any search terms under 3 letters, so I didn't have much joy there.

Thanks

I would personally go for brand new items or uprated aftermarkey ones if you are keeping the car long term. The standard OEM ones are pretty dire, and don't last very long neither.

Not 100% sure, but the TT ones maybe a bit shorter, other similar applications would be VW Golf 4Motion/R32 models and Bora Quattro models.

I would personally go for brand new items or uprated aftermarkey ones if you are keeping the car long term. The standard OEM ones are pretty dire, and don't last very long neither.

Not 100% sure, but the TT ones maybe a bit shorter, other similar applications would be VW Golf 4Motion/R32 models and Bora Quattro models.

Thanks for the response dude. I do plan on going new - just useful to know which other cars share the same shock fitment setup. For some reason, here in SA, virtually none of the aftermarket manufacturers have "shocks for the S3" - just not listed in their books. So it's useful knowing which (more common) cars share the shocks - as they might show up in the searches, if that makes sense.
Lol, now the only problem is that we didn't get the IV R32 or the Bora here :uhm:
Hadn't planned on splashing out on expensive shocks as I'm probably going to sell in a few months.

Thanks nonetheless, appreciate it.

tt ones should be the same as everything else on the running gear is the same driveshafts suspension arms arb,s i dont think r32 are any good because they wre designed for a heavier veichal

they might use the same shocks, put have different poundage springs :) try and get part numbers for them both and see if they match :)

The part number for TT and S3 rear shocks are the same, assuming you got the TT over in SA that should make them easier to source.

I use the below site to get VAG part numbers from, i find it extremely useful. Its free to register mate so might be useful to you mate.

http://www.vagcat.com/

The part number for TT and S3 rear shocks are the same, assuming you got the TT over in SA that should make them easier to source.

I use the below site to get VAG part numbers from, i find it extremely useful. Its free to register mate so might be useful to you mate.

http://www.vagcat.com/

Yup, we get the TT. Was very popular back when it was launched. Thanks for the link and the info bro. Oh, btw, is anyone on the forum coming down for the World Cup next year? Thought it may be cool if our Audi Club South Africa met up with some of the guys from this forum.