Missing Diagnostics Port

lloydsta101

Reaction score
Well, as the title states... I'm having a bit of trouble finding the plug for VAGCOM etc. to plug into on my S3. I was under the impression that it was just under the ashtray/cigarette lighter compartment, under the little cap that comes off at the back of the rubber mat thingy?

I took the little cover off, expecting to see a plug there for the diagnostics to plug into, but instead just found an empty hole into the bottom of the dash. I assumed that the plug had slipped out or something and took the dash apart, but still can't see any plug... just a few receipts and a chewing gum packet from the previous owner.

Any ideas? :shrug:

Lower dash, drivers side... underneath cubby hole by bonnet pull... purple/pink socket

<tuffty/>

Lmao, that's why I couldn't find it then. Thanks very much! :thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity then, what is that hole for at the bottom of the centre console that has a cap over it? Is that for some sort of extra I don't have?

Sounds like its just a hole to put cables through. Either a previous owner has had it done or they come with it...Don't think mine has one though!

mine is behind that black cap under the ashtray, so they must of changed it on the later models. cheers

Some A3's had the port there, a lot of parts are shared across the VAG group of cars so could be legacy or shared part from other versions or earlier models..

<tuffty/>

some early a3's had the port at the rear backside of the centre console under a cover also..

pretty random on earlier models

settled to the lower dash position as tuffty says now thankfully across most new models

Ah right, well at least I know I haven't got something missing now. Although I've somehow managed to break the Ashtray while taking the Centre Console apart... it won't click into place anymore! :blownose: