Newbee question!

Footballer

Reaction score
Firstly, unbeleivable site here ladies and gentlemen!

As soon as Christmas is done I'll be looking to purchace my first A4 Convertible! :yahoo:

Looking to spend £8k plus my 02 Zafira as part ex.

Having searched endlessly there appears to be more 2.4's than the 1.8T.
Don't know why but I've got it into my head to steer away from the 2.4 as the 1.8T is more economical (and quicker). I'll be using the car daily so think the 1.8T would be the right choice????

Am being over caustious or should I be open to the 2.4 and 3.0

Opologies if this has been asked before!:confused:

your right to stay away from the 2.4, the 1.8t and the 3.0ltr are the common choice.
if your going for the 1.8t then make sure its had every service and the correct oils have been used as they suffer from an oil sludge problem which i have just learned the hard way, saying that full history goes without saying for which ever model you choose.
the 2.4 is slower and less economical than the others and seem to hold less money than others aswell.

take your time when purchasing as its a buyers market, get every extra you can, although pretty much everything can be retro fitted after.
heated seats are a must!

Nice piece of advice, thank you.

I'm keeping my eye on a 1.8T for 11k with 42k miles and a 2.4 with 48k miles for 9k. Both have FASH and the same colour and spec.

I so can't help thinking about the 2.4 and using the equity for a beautiful set of 19" to set her off!! :rockwoot:

Second everything 1wheel has said already. 1wheel and I both have 1.8T's so take our advice and buy one!

Second everything 1wheel has said already. 1wheel and I both have 1.8T's so take our advice and buy one!

Very hard to ignore the price of the 2.4, however, you are right. I really should listen to those that know.

Any pictures of yours around??

I have loads on my PC but I'm away from home so will have to wait until I'm back at the weekend.

It took me around 8 weeks to find mine so be patient and look at as many as you can so you can compare.

Stay away from the 2.4 - you will be disappointed at the power with the heavy lump up front.

I have loads on my PC but I'm away from home so will have to wait until I'm back at the weekend.

It took me around 8 weeks to find mine so be patient and look at as many as you can so you can compare.

Will do PJ.

I'll look forward to the photos!

the price difference says it all footballer, look at the depreciation difference of the two youve stated, its like that for a reason.
as for the extra equity to fund some 19"'s, youll find it, trust me, you get hooked lol

As the guys said it's all about that 1.8T engine :anbet: - I had an A3 with said engine, i miss it so much!

Rapid, 32mpg, not to mention that whistle of the turbo - I'll never forget that whistle....

Plus, i could be sitting on the motorway at a good speed...! Then some tit in his chavy 15 year old bm would sit up my **** at 90 odd - put my foot down and.... byeeeeeee!

I know I will find it hard not to look at the cheaper option of the 2.4 :keule:

However, I would be a complete tool not to listen to you guys :arco:

Appears to be a lack of convertible pictures around :uhm:

Anyway, God bless you all for the advise and watch this space as to what arrives!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited: