Uprated wastegate

jamie226bhp

Reaction score
Is it possible to fit an uprated wastwgate to a standard k03s turbo and if so, what one's are best and where from

You mean actuator? Yeah forge do an adjustable unit. Its around £100 IIRC you won't get any more performance from it unless the old one is letting go under boost

yeah mine drops off so think it's gone weak, i'll get one ordered are they difficult to fit

Its a turbo off job to change.

You can adjust the OEM one, but again its a turbo off job. When you say drops off, what do you mean? The boost tends to drop quite quickly after 5k anyway tbh

it drops off on the boost guage below 5k under heavy acceleration sometimes and also jerks and the boost goes back up and drops again if you keep your foot on the accelerator, but it does seem to boost high as it's only a standard ajl engine and peaks at 16-17 psi

17psi isnt standard...

It will alwasy drop off above 5k, the turbo simply isnt large enough to continue generating boost up there.

don't know as only just fitted boost gauge and had it rr the other weekend, makes 182bhp though and 209 ft/lb which doesn't seem to suggest it's been chipped, just seems to have trouble holding boost occasionaly, is it definately turbo off even on a quattro and should i change it when i do the front mount as i'm working in the same area

it "may" be possible to get at it by removing the exhaust manifold but thats more work than dropping the turbo

best plan mate.

FWIW i just had mine on the rolling road and she made 175.9 on .9 bar of boost, so maybe you do have a boost leak somewhere, be it through the wastegate flapper or a hose

sometimes it goes to 16-17 and holds and other times it drops off at that psi or at 14 psi, might be the n75ji suppose causing spikes ant then the ecu cuts the boost, need to get it mapped and see if they can find any answers

ahhhhh, that nasty "j" valve.

Hateful things on std cars unless they are mapped to take full advabtage of them, stick an F back on and the car will be fine with no silly spikes.:undwech: