Is this true?

Lowride

Reaction score

I was sat in the car park of Audi Listers in Stratford upon Avon yesterday in my A4 when a guy came over and asked how much I had paid for my alloys, I hav the 6/7 spoke rims off the A4 Cabriolet. I told him £600 and he asked where so I said 'An alloy wheel warehouse in Blackburn via Ebay'

'That really annoys me' he said, their worth £1.5k brand new as mine are!! He turned out to be the manager of the dealership, he said that he has loads of sets of rims stolen off the forecourt. At first I thought he was tryin to accuse me of havin stolen them but he was just sayin that for that price mine most probably have been, I`m not sure. I was given a receipt etc and it all seemed legit although they were brand new and genuine, the tyres are worth £420 alone. He asked me for the number of the warehouse cuz it would be cheaper for him to replace rims thru them!!!

Are they worth £1.5k new ?? Seems a little too expsensiv

That's what Audi charge, what they're worth is quite a different matter. But £600 including tyres is definately dodgy whatever the wheels. You can't buy any alloy wheel new for £50, and certainly not even an Audi replica let alone the real thing.
Basically alloy wheels are worth £100-£150 each, unless they are super lightweight or 2 piece etc.
Just like an Audi CD changer is worth £150 not the £350 Audi charge.
I don't know if wheels are serial or batch numbered, but if they are they could legitimately repossess them. Unlikely I would have thought.

How unlucky is that

Of all the dealerships car parks, you choose the one where your wheels were knicked from.