Bumper "lumps" LOL!

dalespitfire

Quattrophenia
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Picked up the motor - not the most enjoyable run in the weather but the car drove great and I'm really chuffed.

Just one thing is really bugging me and no idea how I failed to notice this until I got back!

On the rear bumper there are two "lumps"!! You can see them below -they are located directly above each of the twin exhaust exits bang in the middle of the bumper.

AETV10923867_5b.jpg

Can anyone make a suggestion as to what these could be?

They are really bugging me now I can see them :keule:.

I guess they are the ballasts or something?

There are no other marks anywhere on the bumper, no sign of a bump, a nudge, a push, a respray or anything painted. Just these little lumps!:think:

Cheers!

Car looks nice.

I can't see them mate in honesty! Try a bigger picture. They won't be ballasts as they are part of the HID headlights :think:

I think that bumper may have had a little 'bang' at some point...I think it is the marks left by the collision dampers....got them on the front of mine....

Yeah, I bet thats it....

Like I say nothing to suspect an accident, just looks like you say its been pushed and perhaps left the imprint in the bumper.

Annoying!

I had a similar dent in mine warmed it up with a Hairdryer and little bit of pushing = No Dent .

Cheers, but they aren't dents, they are pushed out veeeeeery slightly.

Should be easier if there pushed out you don't need to fiddle about behind the bumper - warm them up and push back with some flat wood , but don't make them into dents lol -

Should be easier if there pushed out you don't need to fiddle about behind the bumper - warm them up and push back with some flat wood , but don't make them into dents lol -

Ha, to be honest if I did push too hard and end up making them dents it wouldn't be the end of the world as they would be easier to fill and paint!

Cheers guys.

Why don't you try one of those paint less dent removal companies, I'm sure they could get them out.

That is a good idea and as daft as it sounds I hadn't actually thought about it.

to be honest, all they are going to do is get a hairdryer, warm it up and hope it pops back in to shape!! Get the wifes hairdryer out and have a go yourself first....just apply the heat gradually, get it nice and warm and first off just leave it to cool, if that doesn't work try it again and apply some gentle pressure....it works on freelander front wings ;)