Upgrading Intake

Seifer780

Reaction score
Ok so I've searched this forum as well as Google the best I could and am yet to find any useful information about upgrading the intake. Most are pointing to a K&N filter, which seems pretty pointless to me. Well considering all the problems people have been having with MAF, and it letting more crap into the engine doesn't really appeal to me. More flow=more crap.

I wanna upgrade to a Milltek exhaust, but can't do that without upgrading the intake. If I can suck more air in and push it out with less restrictions, then the 1.8T doesn't have to work as hard to create the same amount of power. If it doesn't have to work as hard, this also means more distance you get per tank.

So intake ideas, anyone? I was thinking of maybe getting a larger filter housing from a larger engine, say a 2.0 or something?

im also looking for something better, really dont want a cone filter as it will be heatsoaked etc.

I have read that the green cotton filters are popular as they dont contain that much oil. Saves the MAF from self destructing due to oil contamination.

The std airbox is more than enough to flow the air for 350/400 BHP TBH, it can be worth putting an additional cold air feed in.