Termostat for a 2 litre sport

mtwallet28

Reaction score
the thermostat on my 2001 2 litre petrol sport has had it and just been to the dealer and its £52.90 for a new one because its a complete housing assembly, does anyone know if its possible to dismantle and replace just the thermostat itself,its just that it seems a lot of money for something that normally costs a fiver or so

HA i got the exact same model car 2.0 sport and my thermostat is gone! it dosnt heat up for shiit! atm im driving around with a piece of cardboard between my rad to keep the heat in lol, well yeah you got to buy the whole thing its 47 quid from eurocarparts thats where i got mine from!

im changing loads on mine tho new cambelt,water pump, pullies and k&N airfilter and denso sparkplugs :)i just got the car 2 weeks ago! i dont mind it has only done 57K miles :D

ive had mine about 5 months now and im well pleased with it, its on 65k now and as sweet as a new car except for the thermo

Last edited:
ive had mine about 5 months now and im well pleased with it, its on 65k now and as sweet as a new car except for the thermo

I talked to my mate who worked ina an audi/vw garage and he sayd its a common problem with audis, apparently an 08 audi with 16kmiles on it came in witha broken thermostat:S and this time of year when its getting colder outside they do tend to break! just out of interest how much you pay for yours?

cheers

4750 full history every reciept and in absolutely mint condition, probably paid a bit over the odds for it but it took me ages to find one this clean and original, how much you pay for yours? i have a brand new genuine set of votex side skirts for sale if you are interested, come with all fixings, adhesive and instructions

Just while were talking about it. I bought mine in July with 47k on it, 2.0 sport with s-line for £4950.. mint too... they must be too slow to stage in!!!

Get some pics up.. check mine in my garage

PS, what are you getting fuel wise from the 2.slow?

hmm i might of payed too much for mine then, but yeah mine is really mint but has no s line bodykit :( just has the normal bumpers ,so i want a new ones!, it has full audi service history its dark blue, and looks like new insside out! 56kmiles 2001 2.0 sport. i payed 4000k for it. i guess its about right

getting it fully tinted, next week hopefuly and some 18/19 rs4 wheels on it

the missus drives it most the time but i would guess in the region of 30-35 on average, whilst it was still under warranty the air flow meter went on it and the dealer gave me a 58 plate a4 2.0 tdi as a courtesy car and to be honest it wasnt that much cheaper to run over the course of the week i had it, but i felt a bit hard done by going back to mine after a week!