S3 remap

nath

Reaction score
new s3 owner here and im wondering where people go to get theres remapped and is there alot of difference ? would i need to put a de-cat or sports cat on the car before getting a remap ? feels like the engine can do alot more than the standard 225bhp cheers in advance:think:

Had my 1999 210 S3 chipped by Superchips last month just after I bought it, the difference is huge and IMHO well worth the £375 it cost me,my previous A4 1.8T was superchipped just after I bought it as well, and I'd certainly recommmend anyone with a 1.8T of any model to get it chipped and certainly the first place to start when tuning.

Use the search mate there's loads of info in there
cheers Matt

i personally would recomend REVO, but there are lots of different places that can cater specifically to what you want. REVO are quite punchy in their delivery, Custom Code are more progressive. Superchips i think are somewhere in the middle.

cheers people , the 007p re circ a good option too? do the standard valve fail ?

cheers , is there a certain colour spring to go for?

Yes mate, make sure you get the yellow spring. After i had mine Revo'd they wanted to put it in to make it run lovely.

I found with my Jabba map the car ran better on the original green spring, tried the yellow but didn't like it...

I have a green and yellow. Cant feel any difference between the two but havent done proper logging. Im currently using a green spring.

A decent tuning company will know which to put in surely thats not for the driver to decide!