Hazards flashing

Kitchy

Reaction score
ok my cars parked up and been locked with the key fob, but everynow and again the hazards keep flashing constantly for a period of time even tho the car hasnt been touched, but there is no siren going off? help

sounds like your alarm siren has been disconnected. I had this done to mine as i had a problem with my door lock electrics. the car still thinks one of the doors are open, so when you lock it with the fob, it arms the alarm. but the supposedly open door sets off the alarm.
try and get the alarm to sound, if it does, then i am wrong. haha. but this is the problem i had with the same symptoms

sounds like your alarm siren has been disconnected. I had this done to mine as i had a problem with my door lock electrics. the car still thinks one of the doors are open, so when you lock it with the fob, it arms the alarm. but the supposedly open door sets off the alarm.
try and get the alarm to sound, if it does, then i am wrong. haha. but this is the problem i had with the same symptoms

im quite sure the alarm doesnt sound, how did you fix the problem or did you just leave it?

my alarm also doesnt sound, the hazards will flash but there is no sound, how is it fixed?

you just need to find out where it has been disconnected and reconnect it. if you search the forum, im sure you will find the answer. however, if you fix the alarm but not the cause of it going off, you could be in for some sleepless nights

the switches in the photo are for two things....interior light and the dash display. if the one for the dash is broke, then it will not show the door as being clossed when it is. if the other is broken, the interior light will flash when the ignition is on or when the car is locked. i just worked out over time that it was the passenger side that was my problem. sometimes its cured by a swift slam, sometimes not and its a royal pain in the ***.

then again, it could be your boot lock.....you really have to figure it out by trial and error, unless u have Vag com to plug it into.

before you go down the route of sorting out your alarm I would confirm that the alarm siren doesnt sound by purposely setting off the alarm.

I had the flashing hazards problem and it was nothing to do with the alram and it took me bllody ages to get to the route of the problem.