K03s turbo ??

kooch_481

Reaction score
i have a 1.8t with the engine code AGU.
so im guessing thats the k03 turbo??
i want to get more power out of the car. would i have to change much if i got a k03s turbo and how much more power would that give me.
cause i got told if i wanted a k04 id have to change lots of parts.

thanx :)

it doesnt mean that you have a k03. take a search and theres a thread about what a3 1.8t have k03s in them, they are not known in the industry as k03s though i dont think. youd be looking at 220-230bhp. yer it'd be more than 2k to put a ko4 in an a3 i think.

You can get a K04 hybrid thats a K03 fitment... fits to your existing manifold, downpipe and charge pipework.

You need a few other bits such as S3 injectors, S3 MAF housing and some other odds and sods...

Look here for some info..

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=216627

..or have a chat with CR Turbo's

<tuffty/>

Tufty, would the k04 hyrbid, just offer more torque than the k03 hybrid, because if thats case then itd be better to go for a k04 fitment on a k03 mani.

The Ibizas I have seen Bill map recently are doing around 280bhp and a lot more than 300ftlbs of torque. Last Ibiza he did had water/meth injection too with about 8 degrees extra timing advance dialled in... torque was spiky but then K04's are... the guy is coming back for rods as its getting in the russian roulette area of 'torque v hole in block'

I know Glen (Ess Three) was running (and his car is still running) around 330ftlbs with no probs on a particularly aggressive map but its affectively your choice... I would be inclined to fit rods or run a bit less boost to be on the safe side...

<tuffty/>

www.crturbos.co.uk will rework your k03 into a k04 inside.
add larger injectors and maf tube, and remap and you will get some nice gains.

power delivery will be different on the largeport motor as it can eat the airflow for breakfast, so I would expect slightly less torque low end.