Rear light clusters

A6UYC

milf
Reaction score
My rear light cluster mist up and are very slow to clear. Had both changed by Audi under warranty last April, they are both misting and very slow the clear again. Does any other A6's have the same problem?

The garage may want ot look at the serial numbers of the clusters to see if this could be a batch fault. The other thing could be the cable gland into the cluster.

Hey there, I have the same problem and am on my 5th set to date - ALL UNDER WARRANTY FROM AUDI!
Even though if asked, they wil tell you that this misting ( in some cases extreme condensation ) is Normal:tocktock:
I have a thread dedisated to it somewhere here, and one on the uk forum too......check them out.
Good luck with getting them fixed.....I'm about to visit Audi and get a 6th set of brand new lights put on my car!!!

Jeeesh - the drivers side rear light has serious condensation AGAIN.....well, more like water droplets accumulating and it looks nasty
mad.gif

Called the dealership to complain yesterday - to be absolutely fair to them. They've arranged not only to replace the light and re-seal it, but also to send out a mobile tech to carrry out the work to my home address.
This'll be the 6th light replaced to date though - not good!

Jim

Mine is going in on Monday week for a service and to get the light clusters checked again.

i have a a6 and it is the same for me my rear lights mist up the year of my car is a 54 plate and i went to audi and the bloke at audi said it was because the bulbs get hot

+1 on the above post....never heard so much bulls**t in all my life. If I've been told once I've been told a hundred times that its normal...really gets my blood boiling and tell them not to insult my intelligence!

Anyhow, Mobile Audi tech arrived at my house today at 3pm and changed BOTH rear light clusters. All good at the moment but I ( unfortunately ) fully expect to have to complain again in a few months time and get them replaced again - Its not ideal

Took the car in today to Audi slough for a service and to get them to have a look at the rear clusters again. Got a call this afternoon to say that they had looked at the clusters and there is an "acceptable" amount of mist and that it would dry in time!! It's like banging my head against the wall........

Know i keep getting bulb warning lights coming on!! took the car back this morning and have got Audi to replace both clusters with a 50% contribution. Car is going in two weeks time........

car01.jpg

Well guys, just picked my car up after the non start issue was " resolved ".......we'll see!
I had my 7th or 8th set I think it is of rear lights replaced as previously posted due to severe condensation.
The dealer Again stressed that this is NOT covered by Audi but they have replaced them themselves for me, and will essentially put it in as something else......basically hiding the problem.
I wonder how many hundreds / thousands of times this is done up n down the country? No wonder Audi do not know the severity of the problem
frown.gif

anyhow..we'll see how long these last???

How wet do your clusters get, my new set have heavy misting with droplets forming in the side sections.

I think you and I have the same car? I had both rear clusters replaced under warrranty in March 08 but a year later the condensation was the same. Recently had to replace one of the clusters because of shorting which I assume was the result of the condensation. Waiting to hear from dealer if Audi will bear the cost as I don't think replacing light clusters every two years is reasonable. From what I can see this is a common problem, my car is an 05 plate but colleague has an 08 plate which also has condensation in the tail lights. Have also seen previous threads saying similar.