Headlamp Lens....Help??

rossbrownlee

Ross_S4
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi all,

I know you can get a replacement lens for the halogen headlamps for a pre facelift S3 (2000 V) with part no: 8L0941116B.

Anyone know if the same is available for the Xenon gas discharge headlamp? It is for the offside.

Cheers.
Ross.

Either that or does anyone have a spare offside xenon headlamp for a pre-facelift? The lens has to be in excellent condition as I recently replaced the nearside, highlighted just how poor the originals were!
Cheers.

Do you need this because your headlight lens is dis-colloured??
Because if this is the case you can re-furb the lens, saving the cost of having to buy a whole new/used unit.

How would you suggest refurbishing the lens?

I didn't really want to go that route as the ebay one i fitted on the nearside is pristine, would rather just replace the offside one with one equally as good if possible.

It looks like it is worn externally basically the rear covers were missing for a long time and i think this has also let a lot of crap in to the reflectors. to refurb i would be looking at stripping off the lens, polishing the lens, polishing the reflectors really.

There is a good guide on youtube, but as im at work youtube is locked so I will add a link when I get home :eek:)

i have a brand new one if your interested