SHE'S GOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNE!!!!!!!!

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
:blownose::crying::sob::3sadwalk:

Went for £1000 and was picked up by two lovely young Lithuanian gentlemen this evening....
..turns out she's being exported to Russia via Lithuania!!!! Looks like she might make 500,000 miles after all!!!!

I'll be sticking around on here and I've still got a couple of bits and pieces to get rid of so I 'll post them in classifieds for any that wants them.... stuff like; a working vagcom lead. Rear abs rings. Avant wiper stalk with DIS control...

So sad!!! Bring on the Mondeo! :wtf::sadlike::scared2::whistle2:

what a wounder! poor Stinky.

You sly dog!

You were secretly advertising her then? :ninja:

Sounds like end of an era.....
mondingo eh?

You sly dog!

You were secretly advertising her then? :ninja:

Aye, I couldn't risk the 'Forum' talking me out of it ;O)

Circumstances have changed in the past few months, I've been able to use public transport a lot so I don't need a diesel as much as I used to. Lorrs still got a diesel anyway for the bigger journies, however, the driving experience will be greatly missed, no matter what carbon based fuel was driving it. I've decided that I can take the offer of the petrol Mondeo and give stinky a new home.. even if it is ultimately in Russia!!!

didnt see that coming, but at least you broke it in for the russians

Bet that was a shock??? I just had a guy cum view my Cosworth, shook on a price and he takes it next week, starting to get cold feet already!!!!!!!:unsure::faint:

Shame I avidly used to read the mileage updates posts, lol.

I just had a guy cum

gay.jpg

Sad news about Stinky though matey.

Aye, thanks all for your condolences... Hopefully she'll be taking that Audi sport sticker all the way with her too ;O)

so i see you keep cars for 250k then get rid? same thing with the ford?

She'll be the lowest mileage car in the whole of Russia!

Bye bye stinky. My regards to our komrades in arms struggling for a free Russia.

^^ ach don't! I've not managed to cry yet! The Mondeo or 'Burtons Suit' as I call it has 122k on it' It really is supposed to be just a stepping stone until my next car (hopefully an Audi) but the way things are that may be a year or so. I intend on using pubic transport as much as possible.

I'm thinking of going down the A3 2.0tdi q sport route. Though If I could find a B6 or B7 tdi sq avant I'd happily go back to the A4... just don't quite need that size of car. However, the Burtons Suit is like a ****** river barge!!!!!!

LOL 'Burtons suit'.

Well stay around the forum mate and I'll keep my fingers crossed that things look up for you and you can pick up a bargain RS4 sometime in the near future :icon_thumright:

Sorry to hear of your loss, hope you are bearing up ok :)

Bigger and better things as they say....next target 300k - out of a Mondeo..(lol!!!)

my old golf is currently on 211k miles, give me a year (unless a get an s4) and i think ill be on 225k miles

im a long old way behind stinky

Getting the Burtons suit up to scratch. Not drivin an NA petrol for AGES! Changing up at 2500rpm is ****** useless, gotta rev the tits off the thing, but from 4000rpm upward it's definitely usable, just sad to see the mpg drop as the rpm goes up!
New (standard) air filter has made a big improvement (last one was almost black), plugs to check yet, fluids and still to sort me out some software. It's well down on power I think (supposed to 142 or something), not had a chance to run her hard yet, (and been sitting idle for 3 months) so I've some Wynn's flush to put in. Due for some V power too, new O/side front spring and a K&N panel. Though about full induction but I can't be bothered with the noise.

I'm definitely gonna be hanging around, you guys are full of great ideas which I think are actually quite car generic! I'm not gonna go down a mod route with the suit but I'm sure I can get some ideas or at least have a laugh. I'll be starting a thread in the general autos forum as this will probably end up off topic so I'll be looking for your input.

But for now this what the 'Suit' is specced.

Ford Mondeo 2.0i Durtec HE Ghia X Estate
Full Leather. Remote C/L
Electric seats
Cruise control (not working?!)
Auto A/C. factory ICE w/ 6 cd
17 Ghia X alloys.
Front fogs (not working yet?!)

im not sure id bothered to put a special filter on the burton. firstly they dont filter properly anyway and secondly its a burtons, its hardly going to set the world alight. save it for when you get a car you like again

im not sure id bothered to put a special filter on the burton. firstly they dont filter properly anyway and secondly its a burtons, its hardly going to set the world alight. save it for when you get a car you like again

Agreed, a daft aftermarket filter will do nothing positive.

It is clocked ! Many garages dont give a toss when clocked cars come-in for a fresh test and they just record the mileage on the dash and transfer it to the "new" MOT. If punters would not look for low mileage motors, then there would not be crooks to adjust the mileage... :wtf:

Its not showing a new MOT though, says MOT until may 2010, meaning he must be selling it with the original MOT presumably showing the original mileage.