A3 Sportback Stereo & Multi Function Question?!?!?

Mr Cooper

Audi vs. MINI
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently took delivery of my A3 Sportback and have a query that I need some help on relating to the Concert Stereo and the Mutli-function controls on the steering wheel - can anybody help with this?

It's an '09 Sportback in Sport trim with the three spoke steering wheel and Concert Stereo as already stated, it also has the USB kit (if it makes a difference). Basically, on the steering wheel, where you have the volume and track/skip controls on either side, you've also got the 'Mode' and a symbol which I'm guessing is for the phone kit (which I don't have), on the left and right hand side respectively.

Should the 'Mode' switch, upon pressing, change between the radio / CD / Aux etc because it doesn't at the moment, I thought it should but all it says is 'No Function' on the display between the speedo and rev-counter.

Please help...

Hi, I think this is normal as there is no bluetooth installed. Mine does exactly this also!

I was a bit disappointed at first but then I got the RNS-e installed! :)

It wont switch sources no which is pants tbh but if you have SDS then you can do this via voice control anyway, its switches between radio & telephone phonebook on mine.

I'd suggest you invest in an RNS-E given it will give you much better control if SDS wired & you wont look back.

It wont switch sources no which is pants tbh but if you have SDS then you can do this via voice control anyway, its switches between radio & telephone phonebook on mine.

I'd suggest you invest in an RNS-E given it will give you much better control if SDS wired & you wont look back.

What's 'SDS'??? and any ideas on prices?

Thanks...