how to remove abs sensor

willieigs

Reaction score
help wanted i have a a4 2.5 tdi quattro
i am in the middle of remove rear wheel for replcement bearing not sure how this abs sensor comes off does not bolt on as seen on audidiy
any person done these before

Aye, I've done a few :tapedshut: ....
What year? It should be the same as mine unless it's a facelift and just pull out. However. When I started my 1st ABS sensor it had to be dug out of the hub as it had welded itself (including the copper cage) to the hub. Great fun. If it looks like it's got a nut around the base then that'll be what's holding it in. Be oh so very very carefull with that sensor. They don't like being knocked, hit, squashed, bent in fact, I think they even get annoyed of you look at them the wrong way (sorry - we got history). When you replace it, make sure everything is clean, from the hole and copper cage to the ABS ring on the CVJ. I'd suggest putting the ABS sensor in before putting the whole thing back together so you can check the air gap, should be around 1mm...Good luck.

i learnt the hard way, solved by a post here

on my s4 I did the rear bearings,

leave the sensor in!
takes 5 mins to lift the rear seat and there is a conector for the sensor, i used a piece of string as i pulled the wire out to follow its path, this is to the pull it back on refitting as there is a bit if a double skin pannel under the seat.

i took the suspension arm with the sensor and wire danglin to the garage, who presed the bearing for me.
sun