Ariel shark fin

McGart

Reaction score
I recently replaced the ariel on my s3 like for like as the rubber bust on the last one.
I have now noticed the cause of this. (The boot rests on the ariel when fully open). New ariel doesnt recive am signal(must have bought wrong one first time around)
So i am looking to change once again hence the title ariel shark fin.
Any ideas of models and db ranges etc
Seen this one not sure tho. http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350131707514

Has a db range of 12db fm and 15 db am

Any info welcome

And thanks again

I think that would be ok for you mate.

Out of interest, how did you remove your original one, the base I mean, does it just clip off??

My radio reception is rubbish, so wanted to just check that it was all connected properly form there.

i have that one on my car, bit of a pain too wire up but signal seems to be fine, if you remove the interior light at the back you will see a 17mm nut you loosen that off and it comes off,

Thanks for the input so far:

No i have not orderd one of these i am going to let the post run a little while before i make my mind up but i would imagine there to be a join of some sort needed ie solder or crimp connectors.

The base should just pull off it hase 4 clips dotted down th center.

It seems as this can also be done through the interior light at the back.

I have a busted rubber on my arieal any ideas best way of fixing it?? can u get new seals or gromets??

cheers

just get a type r one they do the same but dont move as much...

I have a busted rubber on my arieal any ideas best way of fixing it?? can u get new seals or gromets??

cheers

Yep, replaced mine with one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-Passa...trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1689|293:1|294:50

... you don't even need to remove the aerial base, you only need to loosen the 17mm nut from under the rear interior light (which simply pulls off), remove the old seal by ripping it off, warm the new seal in a mug of warm/hot water, then stretch the new seal over the base then resecure the base with the 17mm nut.

unsure of standard db. were would be best to pick up th 12v supply.