S4 MISFIRING

gazw

Reaction score
Hi all, i've got a 53 plate 4.2 S4, BBK engine code, it's misfiring like hell.
Have had a scanner on it and keeps coming up with codes as follows,
17755 Bank 2 camshaft/crank angle sensor wrong combination of ecu's p1347
17748 camshaft/crank angle sensor wrong combination of ecu's p1340.
These codes can be cleared but when started again they come back within minutes.
Eventually misfire codes for all eight cylinders appear!! Can anyone shed any light on this? have been told by one person that the timing chains need to be changed!! Help please!!

had any work done on the car recently? Doesnt sound good...try emailing Ross-Tech with the fault codes, think they may have a forum too on the website.... is there any knocking noises coming from the engine, my guess cud be big ends gone...but only a guess!

No knocking from bottom end. had spark plugs changed and oil and filter done. The codes i've got point to valve timing:(!! That means engine and box out! It misfires randomly and is down on power obviously. secondary air flap is noisey, possibly due to it backfiring a bit.:shrug:

what about coilpacks?....take the airfilter out the box and listen for any popping noises...

Think that's the same problem I had with mine....

It was timing chain tensioners, not the timing chain, engine out job. I'd only done about 70,000 miles at the time as well!

APS in Brackley sorted mine out

Think that's the same problem I had with mine....

It was timing chain tensioners, not the timing chain, engine out job. I'd only done about 70,000 miles at the time as well!

APS in Brackley sorted mine out

Ian i remember that now, how time flies lol hows yr S4 going, still got it?

Yes mate.

Looks like I might end up with a VXR8....... As I can't be ***** to wait for a new S4....?? Stratagy being to swap it for the RS4 when it comes out.

Who knows.....

they look the part, saw one at BTCC not soo long back.....mmmmm dunno tho, not quite the same, altho prices ay to bad......Gotta love the V8 tho hey, told you i'd get one, no need to buy yrs now haha