dash bulb replacement - is it easy?

I

imported_bpascua

Hello,

I have a dim area on my dash of my 96 A4. Can someone give me some ideas as to hw to get this
sorted. So really i was wondering how to get at the bulbs annd where can I get them from?

Thanks

Brian

just get them from local autoparts store. remove the surround above the steering column and then remove two screws that hold the clocks in. just pull them out and disconnect the wires and replace the bulb. I did mine in a lunch hour.

Hello,

Thanks i was able to do this. In case any other ****** tries this is how it goes.

1. Remove the bit of U shape plastic trim that just in front of the dials and is behind the steering wheel. It easiest to do if you move the steering wheel to its lowest setting.

2. Pull this trim towards you, it comes off with a snap.

3. This reveals two philips screws, remove these and there is nothing holding the clocks in anymore.

4. ease the clocks out as far as they go, they should be attatched by two connectors one at each end.

5. Audi sell the Bulbs for £1-09 each, they are the type that go in and twist, they have a slot in the back of the bulb to make it easier to push in with a screw driver and twist.

6. if you cant access the bulb you need (some are recessed as out of site), remove the connectors and take the closk out totally. I was able to fidget around with mine as it was the rev counter bulb that had gone.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers

Brian