Wheel & Tyre question

Pinknoise

**** in an Audi
Reaction score
What would 7.5x18 ET54 rims sit like on a C6 S-Line?

What would 225/40/18 tyres run like instead of 225/40/18? According to a tyre calculator online they are only 2% slower than stock.

All thoughts and input will be appreciated!

What would 7.5x18 ET54 rims sit like on a C6 S-Line?

What would 225/40/18 tyres run like instead of 225/40/18? According to a tyre calculator online they are only 2% slower than stock.

Looking at your wheel size, i take it you are looking for an after market rim? the 225/40/18 will fit but i would go for a 235 that should already be on your A6. It will help if you could say where your from, as someone may know a dealer who can sort these out.

I have 20" Audi rims on my A6 that are 245/40/20 they nice and quiet and i get very little road noise as i fill them with Nitrogen.

If you go for a bigger rim size, remember that you will have to re-program your Audi via VAG-COM to accept the new rim diamiter.

First of all, sorry my second question should have read what would 225/40 run like instead of 245/40/18.

Does nitrogen really help diminish road noise?

Reprogram the car for bigger wheels? I have full version VAG-COM, but not a CAN BUS lead. Would my 2005 A6 be can bus?

Looking at your wheel size, i take it you are looking for an after market rim? the 225/40/18 will fit but i would go for a 235 that should already be on your A6. It will help if you could say where your from, as someone may know a dealer who can sort these out.

I have 20" Audi rims on my A6 that are 245/40/20 they nice and quiet and i get very little road noise as i fill them with Nitrogen.

If you go for a bigger rim size, remember that you will have to re-program your Audi via VAG-COM to accept the new rim diamiter.

Have you got any pics of your wheels on your car?
I am thinking of getting 20 inch wheels on my A6 Avant 2001, or going for the cheaper 19ins..................what do you think?
Kev:sign_pics:

ET54 offset wheels will sit so far under the arches your car will look like a motorbike! The standard rims on my 3.0TDI S-Line (C6) are ET42, and they sit a little further under the arches than I'd like. Ideally, you want ET35-37. I suppose you could always fit hubcentric spacers, but that is even more money.

As for the BBS CH rims, I think they look to small at 18" for the design of the wheel - the 19" style strectches them out a little better, and really shows them off.