Hi, a noob here

Damo S

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Im new to the site so wanted to say hello. Ive just brought myself a 53 plate A3 3.2 quattro so I hope this is the right forum (please correct me if im wrong). Collecting it on saturday. Sounds nice (most the reason for the choice) and is reasonably quick, but not looking forward to the extra fuel bills having traded in my oil burner.

Anyway. I will be browsing about the site. Im certainly going to be tinkering with the car a little (cause thats what I end up doing) but not too much (I dont fancy blowing it up like my previous project, twice).

best regards to you all. bye for now.

Damo

Welcome mate!
Yip - This be the correct section.

Glad your open minded to mods - Cos it doesn't take long in here!

Enjoy!

hi mate welcome ....get some pics up mate so we can check it out and we will help you out with anything along the way if you need it that it ......

audi.JPG

^^^ Nice nick really. only 37k on the clock with one previous owner and FSH. Feels tight. Hopefully it wont give me too much jip.

It has full leather interior and is a manual (didnt want the DSG as Ive read a few bad reports about them. I like manual anyway)

It would look better with 18s but not overly fussed TBH. The wheels are ok as is. I Would rather spend the money on making it a little quicker instead.

Can get a nice set of rs6 reps in 18 inch and lower it bout 30ish mill. A milltek non resonated would sound beautiful along with a filter. Great looking car, you had a look at the voted kit, would look even better. Well hope all goes well on the day, let us know how it is.

yeah I had planned on the milltek as the stock exhaust muffles that lovely V6 sound, but not until my insurance is up for renewal (october) so I can change insurers to one that is mod friendly (zaust, filter and remap at the same time, and possibly even cams but thats a fair bit more).

I cant see me changing the wheels or getting it lowered though TBH.

whats the voted kit? (sorry for being ignorant)

I was meant to say votex, I phone keeps changing the words. It's an audi bodykit. Front splitter side skirts rear skirt which isn't the best n spoiler which is just slightly longer than the s line. Is the 3.2 an fsi? Do they so performance cams for the a3? I thought that they have variable cams which move when you floor it to provide more air fuel mix.

ah ok. I can imagine they look wicked with a nice body kit but for me personally I prefer the slightly more understated look. I may go for some bigger wheels at some point if I found a good deal with tyres when they need changing.

I dont think the cams are variable although I know little about these engines at the moment. From digging around here and other places there do seem to be a couple of direct replacement options for cams. although the combined price (best part of 2 grand) for cams, zaust, remap, filter is quite a lot for the return (30, 35 bhp max in reality).

Just change the zorst and enjoy that creamy 6 cylinder, The car is well specced as standard, welcome to the forum BTW.

Picked up the car today. generally very happy.

one question. do these cars sufer from a fair bit of road noise due to the taught suspension? Tyres are dunlop sp9000 half worn. they seem pretty noisey

Wow...to think I still own this car 9 years later. It is currently waiting to be collected by a new owner, feeling all sorry for itself with a broken clutch, the original clutch, with 145k miles on the clock. Never did do any mods in the end :)

Reactions: ILLUXN, aqibi2000, samisnake and 1 other person