My Sig Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 6 year old son...if he grows up to be a gaylord bummer then I won't exactly be over the moon, but it won't be the end of the world.

If I have any daughters then I would prefer if they kissed girls...in fact no men-kissing allowed until they're at least 30!!!:no:

I try and see everything fairly and from all different perspectives...but narrow-mindedness and intolerance, I can't do it sorry.

So let me get this straight....... there is no way, no how, not an inch of understanding you have that someone could be offended etc about pictures of two women kissing when all they have done is come on a site to read about cars???
Whether it be because they don't want to see it themselves, or that they don't want people around them seeing it???

PS: I have set my daughter's men-kissing age at 45. I'd recommend those extra 15 years.

There are two arguments here....

1) KatieKatie's approach and "real reasons" for wanting the sig gone
2) Whether the sig should've been removed for the simple fact that it could offend some people.

Each argument is seperate.... and the intentions of number 1 are definitely suspect and debatable IMO.
Number 2 is fair cop, and if i'm being fair, I agree with it.

My Bold: Exactly my reason for the slate. It did it for effect, not (IMO) because of any offence taken. Given Katie's pre-cons for getting the crayons out on 10B's threads, I wanted to address her behavior - which was completely inappropriate in that forum. A chimp could have addressed the complaint more appropriate.

Closer scrutiny of her threads don't add up to her (?) being what she puports to be. As 10B stated a while back, if she is firing for effect: mission complete.

So let me get this straight....... there is no way, no how, not an inch of understanding you have that someone could be offended etc about pictures of two women kissing when all they have done is come on a site to read about cars???
Whether it be because they don't want to see it themselves, or that they don't want people around them seeing it???

PS: I have set my daughter's men-kissing age at 45. I'd recommend those extra 15 years.

i know this daughter thing is terrible i have a 8 month old and can already see im gona be like bruce willis with his in diehard 4 lol.....impossible to get my head around her getting a boyfriend in her teens

Roll up, roll up...
Circus in town.
The next performance of the 'arguing *******' will be along directly.

Is this the 8P A3 forum?

For goodness sake folks...
Let it go.
And move on.

hahahahaha thats not bad for you a funny approach hmmm this could work lol

I have to say that I'm glad there are some different views coming out. I'm happy to hear boths sides.

I do happen to agree with Iggu on various point however it doesn't change what I consider to be the correct response.

To be very honest, aythree's reason is the most convincing of all and had he raised the issue earlier via PM I would have removed it sooner without question. I have to say I have been in a similar situation myself where I have had to hide my own posts from prying eyes.

I hope the thread continues in the manner intended. I respect everyone's view on this, even the strong ones and I hope the views of others can be respected in turn.

I won't be online again until the morning. Until then I hope the course of the thread follows a decent route.

And yes it's Tuesday so I'll be in the bar tonight :beerchug:

lol, whose calling who predictable, thats kettle/black if ever, I see the same old mod has got his crystal ball out, all I was gonna say as this has turned into a debate nothing to do with cars maybe it would be prudent to move this into the general chat section as you so often remind us & move/edit posts/threads to your liking, said while doing his belly dance for you Ess & only for you.

Any point in this discussion is exhausted. If that doesn't sit well, keep reading this until there's no reason to worry.

thread-lock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.