A3 1.9t mods

neilandbob

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new, apologies in advance! I'm sure someone will be able to send me to the correct thread, I have had a quick look but couldn't really find exactly what I wanted to know. What's the accepted proven route to power on these cars. I can see a re-map is needed but what about a fmic, does that make a difference. Any other tricks I should know about? Many thanks in advance.

use the search button bud.

been discussed ALOT of times.

1.9t....Is that a TDI or a typo of 1.8t??

Regardless. Search ahoy!

Welcome to the forum - I'm guessing you have the 1.9TDI A3?

Do you know what the current power output of your car is? - They were available in 110 & 130.

On my old TDI 130 A3 I just went for a remap which got another 35bhp & 45ft/lb's of torque.

I did a small write up of the process if it's of any use? - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29869

Ok, still use the search button bud!! but remap will be the first port of call. An FMIC will help get a little more, or to help use the horses more efficiently in warmer conditions but again lots of testing has been done on this and can be found under the search tool...

welcome to the forum, dont worry, i think we all post questions that have been covered several times before. lol

Remap!

Also the standard turbo and exhaust are hugely restrictive (apprantly - anyone with a little more knowledge feel free to correct me) and the standard internal are good for well over double standard BHP

Hi, I'm new, apologies in advance! I'm sure someone will be able to send me to the correct thread, I have had a quick look but couldn't really find exactly what I wanted to know. What's the accepted proven route to power on these cars. I can see a re-map is needed but what about a fmic, does that make a difference. Any other tricks I should know about? Many thanks in advance.

A tuning box will work well, and if the engine is a 130PD, will go up at least 20+ BHP and a wedge of torque (my PSI Motorsports box showed 175BHP on a standard vRS with the 130PD!)
But...the Tuning boxes can be smokey and youey are not especially linear as they don't alter boost.

A re-map can be more linear and will often make more further up the limited rev range.

Either way, some form of fuelling altered / re-mapped 1.9PD (again assuming it's a PD) will be pretty real-world quick.

FMICs make a small difference it appears...but not the same difference as on the 1.8Ts - not from what I've seen anyway. I wouldn't rush out to buy one...

I know of people who have de-catted them...
I know of people who have spend hundreds of a 'better' exhaust...
And got not a single BHP more.
This is certainly true of the Mk4 Golf/Fabia - the A3 may be different...but I doubt it!
The standard exhausts seem just fine for a re-mapped car...you only change it for looks any maybe a bit more noise.