What headlight bulbs??

I

imported_bayliss

I'm looking for some replacement headlight bulbs which look somthing a little along the lines of xenon, without looking looking too blue or naff. any suggestions?

cheers

afraid there is nothing that looks remotely like real xenon lighting.

philips blue vision are a reasonable compramise.

tinted blue, but shine whiter than conventional ones.

I bought my main beam bulbs from:

www.powerbulbs.co.uk

I bought Phillips bulbs which have a slight blue colour in the light.

If you order give them a ring to confirm which type will fit your car,a stheir on-line checker is not up to date. The best way to check is to remove one bulb and compare the fitting with their web site.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif

I'm not expecting anything close to xenon, but was best way to decribe what I'm after - and that's what I'm after

thanks fellas

Bayliss,
Never mind bulbs. What about some nice S3 wheels to spice up that A3 of yours eh? As it happens I know for a set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And I'm only down the road in Neath.

yes, there are bulbs very close to xenon, it's made in spain by a brand called krawehl, they are superb, look my sig to see the blue tint of the headlights.

[ QUOTE ]
T30GUE S3 said:
Bayliss,
Never mind bulbs. What about some nice S3 wheels to spice up that A3 of yours eh? As it happens I know for a set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And I'm only down the road in Neath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Money's very tight, but what are you tring to tempt me with?? any pics?? £??

same, catfish looking good, where u get them from and how much

cannot help you guys, there is no web where you can find this bulbs for sale, only on local shops in Spain.

I am using PIAA xtreme white plus bulbs for mainbeam. They are whiter than standard but not massively so. There are more bulbs in the range that go whiter/bluer.
Will try and take some decent photos of them. Attempted to last night but they were a bit useless. Did get some of my sidelights though .....

niec one! side lights are nice and white mind
how practical are those red int lights??

[ QUOTE ]
bayliss said:
how practical are those red int lights??

[/ QUOTE ]

Very! and they look cool too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
Red interior lights = Pimp mobile??

discuss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I got red lights too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif Pimp mobile? nah! look coo. More soothing on the eye /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Got my bulbs through mail order. PIAA's website has a list of all the bulbs, prices, and where to get them from.

The sidelights were about £17 per pair of white-white (white-white because there are 2 leds per side and they also come in red, white, and blue combinations)

PIAA Bulbs

As for the red lights - mobile dark room, pimp mobile, or just flicking them on to watch people infront quickly move over - take your pick.

I'll take piccies of them properly tonight along with the mainbeam which aren't as blue as Catfish's seem to be.