induction for my a3 1.8 t

joshhatton

Reaction score
heya looking to stick a panel filter or induction kit onto the a3?

any recomendations or do or donts?

Use the search function Bud. Its been discussed loooooooooooooads of times. Quickly though, stick with the regular box and filter, good for up to 300bhp or so, or just upgrade the panel filter unless you have 150+ to spend on an enclosed unit like a carbonio and you cold air feed it. Otherwise your losing power for a little bit of noise....

Best to stick with a panel filter. I've got an induction kit on mine but will be switching back to the standard airbox and panel filter. No gains to be had at all.

Ive tried a few different kits. Had a bmc cda closed induction unit for a while, makes a lovely noise and also get the dv noise but soon got bored of it. Had an open JR kit that was loader than the bmc but not so good in summer sucking up all the hot air. Now I'm using a bmc panel filter and its fine no issues at all.

yea, im going for a pipercorss pannel i think, its due a new one anyway, im after a bit more noise :D sorry if you lot dont really like that :S

think that will do well?

Panel filter all the way. I put a Pipercross one induction kit on mine and it slowed the car down. Sounded nice but the car was seriously down on power.

Stock airbox returned to the engine bay with a panel filter in it, all good.

Tom, which panel filter did you go for???

Can you notice any difference performance and noise wise??

Tom, which panel filter did you go for???

Can you notice any difference performance and noise wise??

Green cotton one, its no louder. The car feels a load better due to having the standard airbox back on it but I'm not sure if it feels any quicker with the panel one in or not.