1.8t cabriolet mpg and remap?

Bassethound

Reaction score
Hi as stated on hello page, i've just purchased an 07 a4 cab 1.8t with 2700m. It was finance snatch back so can only presume its been stood whilst court settlemnt was progressed. the comp states service due in 10 days (2 yrs old) or 15800m. Its been booked in to Audi Warrington next week. I am thinking of a remap at extreme GTI in Manchester. At the moment i am getting 35mpg on 25m mway run and only 25mpg locally. Is this normal or down to maybe oild been stood idle in engine etc? Would a remap make mpg worse? APR remap stage 1 states 163bhp increased to 215bhp and torque 166lbs to 245lbs. Anyone had this and how will it effect driving feel and more importantly mpg? Thanks for any help you can give.
:think:

My mate John's had his 1.8T done and the difference is noticeable straight away. MPG stays about the same, sometimes improves things but not massively. We both got remaps through Motech Mike, he'll be lurking around here somewhere but let me know if you want his details.

Thanks for advice. I spoke to Motech Mike but they don't come as far as Merseyside with their mobile service and Northampton is fair way away.
Spoke to awesome GTI nearby in Manchester and subsequently went there today and had APR stage 1 remap. What a difference!! Car feels like someone has slotted in a bigger engine. Bhp up from 163 to 209bhp and torque up from 168 to 236lbs. Car did an average of 39.8mpg on way home on 'A' roads and mway, which is up from 36mpg, so well pleased. Can highly recommend them to anyone in the North west area.
:salute:

:confused: Just had 2yr/ 20,000m service today, so thought i would open her up. My A4 has only done 2,800m. At higher speed on less than perfect A roads i noticed the steering was very light and over 85mph it was interesting to say the least. i thought the A4 convertible had power sensitive steering as standard? Mine is an 07 plate. Can anyone advise whether it was standard or an option? Thanks